XXXVII- The Bane Of Lord Voldemort Resurrected

All of the demigods and nymphs in the Big House stared. Thankfully, Mr. D wasn't around to hear.
  "I'm right here, Draco," Chiron said calmly, walking toward them on all fours.
  Ginny raised an eyebrow. "A centaur?"
  "Relax, he's an Ancient Greek centaur, they're much more pleasant," Draco sighed.
  "Thank you, Draco. And before you start explaining, Albus told me that you were coming," the wise old centaur nodded.
  Draco sighed. "Good. Then you know why we're here. Granger, Transfigure her," Draco ordered impatiently, holding the puppy out for Hermione, who did the spell quickly. Draco now held the sleeping girl.
  "Yes, I see the burn," Chiron nodded grimly. "I'll have one of the nymphs lead her to a room," he promised.
  "I'll do it," Ginny volunteered.
  Chiron nodded. "Clove will show you the way."

Then, Ginny followed the sweet brown- haired nymph to the room intended for Diana.
  "What can we do for Diana?" Hermione asked curiously.
  "Well, the first thing we'll do is we'll hold a ceremony for offerings to the gods. Draco, you'd best do a private prayer right now," Chiron suggested.
  Draco nodded. "We should just talk more later. I want to see her now."
  "Yes, go find Clove," Chiron permitted.

Draco headed down the hall of the Big House to find the nymph called Clove. He walked into the room just as Ginny was heading out to rejoin Hermione. Draco walked in, to see Diana sadly sleeping on the bed. Draco sighed in frustration. "Father, Jupiter, please listen to me. Diana cannot die. She's too smart,too strong, and too talented. She shouldn't be the one dying. Please, convince Pluto. And not just for me, but for everyone," Draco begged his father's Roman counterpart. He got no reply but he somehow knew that he was heard. Just then, an angelic and familiar voice spoke from behind him.
"Draco," it cooed.

He looked behind him to see a bright light, in the shape of a person, a woman. Then, he saw faces shifting on the figure's face. He saw famous witches he had secretly fancied as a child, and for a minute or two at a time he thought that he saw Diana. Eventually, he realized who the woman was. Aphrodite, or Venus, the goddess of love and beauty.

  "Why have you come, my lady?" he asked slowly and begrudgingly

  "Your father sent me. I am to deliver a message," the goddess replied.
  "What have you come to tell me?"
  "I've come to let you know that your father is currently dealing with Pluto, and that he cannot contact you for the next couple of days or so, since he has his hands tied behind his back with Pluto," she replied. "And there is something else as well."
  "Well? What is it?" Draco asked impatiently.

Aphrodite waved her hand over Diana, dressing her in a beautiful gown.

  "For the ceremony," she smiled

  "For the ceremony," she smiled. "My Blessing."
  Draco nodded at the goddess. "Thank you, my lady."
  Venus smiled with unmistakable mischief. "Remember, Draco; love comes from many different places."

And just like that, she was gone. Draco was left alone to make sure that Diana never woke up. A few minutes after the goddess's visit, she began to stir slowly.
  "Stupefy," Draco gasped sadly.

His breathing then became quick, choking, and tearful.'He didn't want his friend to sleep like this, he thought it was just wrong, for a person to be in this state. It was completely unnatural; it just shouldn't have been. It wasn't death, but it was the closest fate to it.
  "Come on. It's not your time yet," he whispered into the cold, almost empty air.
"Don't worry, she's.... mostly safe from Pluto here," a girl promised.
Draco scoffed. "'Mostly'. Very reassuring."
"Don't think I don't know how you feel. "I'm a daughter of Zeus," the girl explained. "He bears a heavy burden as well."

Draco studied the girl. She was pretty, but in a more gothic way. She had long and choppy dark hair, as if she had cut it herself. But her blue eyes were her most shocking feature, which were only emphasized by her
"Who are you?" Draco snapped.
"Thalia Grace," she snapped vaguely. "Daughter of Zeus, as I have just told you."
Draco raised an eyebrow. "You don't look like the rest of them," he sneered.
"Yeah. I know," she nodded fiercely. "Who's your girlfriend? I mean, why is she so important to be sent after by Pluto?" she asked.
"Diana is the daughter of Bellona, and not my girlfriend but my best friend. She survived the Killing Curse as a child, and Pluto believes that she should die," Draco replied.
Thalia sighed. "That's rough." She stared. "That's really what she looks like?" she asked in awe.
Draco nodded. "Yes."
"She's so beautiful," Thalia chuckled. "Unreal. She's like a real life movie star. Does she have any history with Aphrodite?"
"Not that I know of," Draco shrugged. "It's cruel, all of this, forcing her to live through this hell. I wonder if we should just.... put her out of her misery."
"You mean kill her," Thalia nodded. "I can understand why you'd want to. But you have to believe that she'll make it," she urged him.

Draco said nothing. He did not know why this girl, who hardly knew him, was so keen on helping he and Diana. Is it because I'm a son of Zeus? Is it because she thinks that we're together? Draco could only guess. He began to consider that it was some combination thereof. Only, he was too distracted to realize Diana's increasingly lively stirring.
"Draco," her voice hissed.

Both Draco and Piper were alarmed. Draco raised his wand, but did nothing yet.
"Draco Malfoy, you have allowed the spirit of Killer Frost to reign. The spirit of Killer Frost has taken refuge in the body of Diana Faye Black, and has even become a part of her," Diana's voice laughed. "The evil lurking inside now is in control."

Draco stared at Diana. She was no longer Diana, she was Killer Frost now, the ancient and evil sorceress who was said to be the very bane of the most feared Lord Voldemort himself. She looked the same, but her eyes looked different. They had turned a vibrant and unnatural shade of purple. The deep purple proved that Killer Frost's magic was in use, and not Diana's. It reminded Draco of the evil gray of Diana's eyes. He knew what had to be done, but he couldn't do it. He couldn't fight her, not anymore. And that was his fatal flaw. A blast of pale blue ice was shot from Diana, or Killer Frost's hand, and barely missed by Piper. Draco gasped in horror.
"Ana, Killer Frost, please," Draco begged. "You don't have to be angry."         
  "Oh, but I do. I'll see you all very soon," Killer Frost grinned, disappearing into thin air.
  "No," Draco gasped. "No! No," he gasped breathlessly. "DAMN IT!"