XXVIII- Planning Ahead

The rest of the day was extremely awkward for Diana, which she found infuriating. She hated Harry's judgement towards the Malfoy family, specifically Draco, which she saw as extremely uncivil and somewhat uncalled for. Yes, she knew that Draco and his family weren't exactly mannerly saints, but they were still people, and powerful people at that. With a snap of his hands, Lucius Malfoy could probably have Harry expelled, or at least punished in a manner consistent with severity. Making enemies just because of their views was not a wise decision, she knew. She figured that by accepting the Malfoys as her own blood, they would at least spare her should the time come that they had the power in their hands to do so. Unless, of course, they didn't. Diana knew that she was paranoid, but she knew that in a life like hers or Harry's, one mistake could mean the death of the adopted siblings, and/or Lord Voldemort's cruel reign. She couldn't let that happen. Over my dead body, she vowed wordlessly.
  "Why did you even speak to them?" Harry asked angrily once they had returned to the Burrow.
  Diana smirked. Just as she'd anticipated. "Because, Harry, unlike you, I want to make friends in the Wizarding world, seeing as you and I have none. And having powerful and influential friends like the Malfoys certainly wouldn't hurt, now would it?" she asked expectantly.
  "Diana, the Malfoys cannot be trusted! And anyway, it's not like Mum and Dad didn't have any friends!" Harry Potter tried reasoning.
  "Oh really? You mean the ones that haven't shown up yet? Yeah, sorry, but I think I'll take my chances with the Malfoys," Diana sneered.

She and Harry now stood maybe ten feet apart on either side of the Weasleys' living room

She and Harry now stood maybe ten feet apart on either side of the Weasleys' living room. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, as well as Percy, had calmly and quietly left the room while Ron had actually ran, and the twins sat on the sofa, waiting for a fight.
  "I don't understand you, Diana! You'd be willing to consort with the most awful people merely to survive, yet the time hasn't even come for you to do so," Harry sneered angrily.
  "See, Harry, that's the difference between us. I plan ahead," she laughed.

"Because you know all too well what fate has planned for us

"Because you know all too well what fate has planned for us. Voldemort? The house elf? This is only the beginning of our story."
  "Be that as it may, but the Malfoys are terrible people, who cannot be trusted and have no place in your plans!" Harry argued.
  "Really? They can't be trusted?" Diana laughed. "Do you know who it was that went and got Professor Dumbledore that night in the dungeons? That risked their life to save me, as well as you?" Diana asked expectantly.
Harry gasped in realization. "Malfoy?!"
Diana grinned. "That's right, Harry. A Malfoy saved your life. So do you still want to stand here and tell me that Malfoys cannot be trusted?"

 So do you still want to stand here and tell me that Malfoys cannot be trusted?"

Harry Potter was now silent.
"That's what I thought," Diana laughed mirthlessly as Harry quickly exited the room, probably looking for Ron.
"So.... would you like to go teach the garden gnomes some bad language with us?" Fred offered.
"I would love to," Diana smiled.

The three went out into the garden, and George silently fetched a garden gnome

The three went out into the garden, and George silently fetched a garden gnome. It was not exactly willing to be manhandled.
"Okay. Who's up first?" George asked, offering up the struggling creature.
"I'll go first," Fred volunteered, snatching the angry garden gnome from George's hands. "Sh*t head!" he whispered loudly into its ear.
"Sh*t head!" it yelled back voluntarily.
Fred beamed proudly and handed it to Diana.
Diana laughed gleefully as it was handed to her. "Alright, let's see. How about...." she whispered very quietly into its ear, as the twins waited excitedly.
"C**t!" the garden gnome shrieked.
Fred laughed, hard.
"Okay. My turn," George announced as Diana passed the now more civil garden gnome to him.
"Mother f**ker!" it yelled.
"My turn again," Fred announced, trading the garden gnome in for another one.
"Ho!" it screamed.
"Good boy," Fred chuckled, handing it over to Diana, who almost inaudibly whispered what seemed to be a phrase.
"F**k b**ches get money!" the gnome cheered.
"Wow. Excellent," Fred smiled.
"I'll take him now," George nodded.
"Thot!" it hollered.
"Alright, let's go before we get caught," Fred suggested.
"Good thinking," Diana agreed.