XXXVIII- Poke Poke

"Chiron! Quick, something's happened," Draco spluttered, bursting into Chiron's study.
  "What is it, Draco?" the centaur asked.
  "Diana, she was awake. And I didn't notice, and her body, it was possessed by another soul, Chiron, she's gone," Draco said urgently.
  "What soul, Draco? And where has she gone?" Chiron asked.
  "I don't know, she just disappeared. And as for the soul, she was possessed by the sorceress Killer Frost," Draco wheezed.
  Chiron gasped. "Killer Frost?! Draco, she is very,very dangerous, to both Diana and everyone else! Why didn't you make sure she was sleeping?"
  "I- I was distracted. Talking to someone. And after that.... I just couldn't fight Killer Frost, Chiron, I couldn't. Not when she's inhabiting the body of my best friend," Draco admitted.
  Chiron sighed. "We must send out demigods, and possibly wizards, to go and find her. I hope you realize the gravity of what you have done, Draco. It will be your duty to lead one of the teams, it is nonnegotiable. See if Hermione and Ginny are willing to come," Chiron ordered.
  "Yes, Chiron."
  "Oh, and Draco?" Chiron called.
Draco turned. "Yes?"
"Don't be fooled by her appearance, Draco. This is not Diana you are dealing with, it is now Killer Frost, perhaps the most dangerous sorceress who has ever lived," Chiron reminded Draco.
Draco nodded earnestly.
"Draco, you may be afraid, but trust me, you do not want Killer Frost manipulating you. Sometimes you just have to make the tough decision."

Draco nodded again, heading off to the armory. He was much more experienced in combat and other aspects of training than the other demigods, seeing as his parents had sent him there to Camp Half-Blood every summer since he was only four years old, to train,and train, and train. Just as he was nearing the armory, he distractedly bumped into a tall boy with dark hair and bright sea green eyes.
  "Hey, excuse you!" the boy said angrily. Then he just stared. "You're that wizard guy everyone keeps talking about. I saw the girl. Before she.... left, I mean. She's pretty hot," he chuckled, as Draco raised an eyebrow protectively. "Sorry, I'm ADHD like the rest of them," he sighed.
  "You don't say," Draco said dryly.
  "Why does Hades want her dead again? Everyone's talking about it, but I'm pretty sure the stories get pretty twisted up after this many campers telling it over and over again. The way I heard it, your girlfriend was a supermodel," he sighed.
  "She's not my girlfriend," Draco rolled his eyes.
  "Exactly."
  "Hades wants Diana dead because when she was a child, she escaped something called a killing curse. She should have died, but she didn't, so he wants her soul," Draco explained grimly.
  "I'm sorry," the boy nodded. "You're the one leading the guard, right?"
  "I am."
  "Aren't you a little young?"
  "Aren't the Greek gods myths?"
  "Fair enough. What's your name again?"
  "Draco Malfoy, son of Zeus. Yours?"
  "Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon? Kind of a legend around here."
  Draco nodded. "Suit up, Jackson. We have five minutes, before we go and poke the bear."