XXIV- The Burrow

When the five arrived at the Burrow, where the Weasley family lives, it was already bright out, and it was morning. The house was quiet, and it seemed everyone else was asleep. Diana felt ridiculous, since she was dressed in her clothes from yesterday, and had not changed at all. Diana often ended up sleeping in her day clothes, unless she was in her Hogwarts uniform. As she looked around the house, she saw how quaint and charming it was. There was even a clock that kept track of every family member's whereabouts. Ron,Fred,and George's hands went from "Lost" to "Home". Hmm. "Mortal Peril" was even an option. Interesting. 
  "It's not much, but it's home," Ron smiled somewhat sheepishly as he stuffed his fave with bread.
  Harry stared in awe at his surroundings. "I think it's brilliant."

Ron seemed confused. He probably wasn't used to people saying so. But Diana thought it was great. Just enough for everyone. Just as everyone thought they had slipped in unnoticed, a yelling Mrs. Weasley came out of nowhere.
  "Where have you been?!" she shrieked. "Harry. And you must be Diana. How wonderful to see you, dears. Beds empty, no note,car gone! You-you could have died, you could have been seen!" she screamed. "Now, of course, I don't blame you, Harry and Diana, dears."

Wow. Quite the contrast there.
  "They were starving them, Mum," Ron protested, afraid. "There were bars on their window!"
  "Well, you best hope I don't put bars on your window, Ronald Weasley," Mrs. Weasley warned, pointing her finger threateningly.

F*ck, this woman is scary. This is like some of f**king Freddy Kreuger's nightmares and sh*t! Diana,Fred, and George all gave each other both frightened and amused looks.
  "Come on, Harry, Diana. Time for a spot of breakfast."

Harry and Diana, tailed by the other Weasleys, quickly followed Mrs. Weasley to the table, where plenty of food was laid out beautifully. The siblings sat down and politely helped themselves. The food was delicious.
  "Here we are, Diana."

Just as Mrs. Weasley finished pouring Diana a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice after she'd done the same for Harry, Ginny, the Weasleys' younger sister, came running down the stares.
  "Mummy, have you seen my jumper?"
  "Yes, dear, it was on the cat," Mrs. Weasley sighed kindly.

Wait, what the f*ck?! What the hell is a f*cking jumper doing on a f*cking cat?! There's some weird sh*t going on in the wizarding world. Diana chuckled as she realized that Ginny was staring in awe as Diana and Harry ate.
  "Hello," Harry smiled somewhat awkwardly.
  "Hi," Diana smiled.

Ginny ran away quickly, eyes wide. Fred and George snickered, as Diana gave them each a solid kick on the shin.
  "Oi!"
"Ah!"
  "W-what did I do?" Harry stammered nervously.
  "Ginny. She's been talking about both of you, sorry, Diana, but more about Harry, all summer. Bit annoying, really," Ron shrugged.

Before Harry and Diana could ponder that, Mr. Weasley burst into the room from outside.
  "Morning, Weasleys!" he greeted warmly and with liveliness.
  "Morning, Dad," everyone else called.
  "What a night. Nine raids. Nine!" he cried.
  "Raids?" Diana asked curiously.

Both looked to Ron.
  "Dad works in the Ministry of Magic. In the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office. Dad loves Muggles, thinks they're fascinating," Ron explained as he sat down to eat.

Diana felt sorry that he was just now returning from work, but admired his work ethic and dedication to his family.
  "Well, now," Mr. Weasley smiled.

He stopped and stared at Harry and Diana.
  "And who are you?" he asked politely.
  "Oh, sorry sir, I'm Harry, sir. Harry Potter," he said uncertainly.
  "Hi, sir, I'm Diana Black," Diana smiled calmly.

He just barely winced at Diana's name, much to her displeasure.
  "Good Lord, are you really? Thank you so much for what you did to save Ron."

Both Harry and Diana nodded.
  "Well, Ron's told us all about you, of course. When did you get here?" he asked curiously.
  Mrs. Weasley stopped cooking and put her hands on her hips. "This morning. Your sons flew that enchanted car of yours to Surrey and back last night."
  "Did you really? How did it go?" he asked, bewildered and excited.

  Just as everyone began to answer excitedly all at once, Mr. Weasley received a slap on the arm from Mrs. Weasley.
  "I mean, that was very wrong indeed, boys. Very wrong of you."

  Harry and Ron exchanged small smiles, as did Diana,Fred, and George.
  Mr. Weasley now seemed very grave and actually serious. "Now, Harry, Diana, you must know all about Muggles. Now tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?"

Harry looked down, somewhat disappointed and confused by the question.
  "Oh. Um...."

Just then, an owl's screech was heard from outside. The school letters. For some reason, Diana became lost in thought. Everything around her went silent, and she just daydreamed of having her friends with her again. It would be wonderful.
   "The spell books alone will be expensive," Diana heard George say worriedly.
  "We'll manage," she heard Mrs. Weasley say. "Well, there's only one place we can get all of this. Diagon Alley."