Chapter 49: Love Is Love (Reprise)

~John's POV~

I suddenly felt strong. Over a barrier. Confident. I felt a smile form on my face.

"I've never seen you smile like that before." (an// alex talking)

"It's because of you."

"Me?"

"Yeah, I mean, you always make me feel.. I don't know how to explain. Strong, I guess? No, not the word I'm looking for. Just, truly happy, I guess. It's just, hard to put it into words."

I sat down next to Alex.

"There's so many emotions you make me feel so many different emotions I can't put into words. I totally understand if you can't, because I have the same issue."

"Should I attempt to explain?"

"No, don't spoil me with kind words. I don't deserve them. Wait, sorry, I didn't mean to say that."

'WHAT.'

"What do you mean, 'I don't deserve them.'?"

"Just nevermin-"

"Alex, talk to me. Tell me, you know I'm not here to judge you. You trust me, right?"

"Fine.. Remember when I said 'everything has been a bit darker lately'?"

"Yeah?"

"Even with you back, it still feels dark. I don't have as much confidence nor motivation lately. I don't feel deserving of you."

'That was literally me before things got so bad. I have to do something.'

I pulled Alex closer to me.

"I love you, remember that. I'm yours. I would do anything for you, trade my life for yours. You deserve me, better than me. If something like that is bothering you, tell me. I'll try my best to help. Honestly, I felt like that before everything got so bad. If things get that bad, remember I'm here. I care. You're not alone."

We cuddled for the rest of the night. Alex fell asleep on my shoulder. I played with his hair for awhile.

"I want to love and protect you and your angelic face and smile. I would fight the world to see you smiling everyday. I want to cuddle and protect you forever so you can keep that beautiful lovely face. There are no words that can explain how much I love. If I see you sad or broken, I will fight whoever made you that way. I'd trade my life for your since you make so many people happy and that's so amazing so I just wanted to say this so you wouldn't ever feel like you aren't anything because you matter so don't frown because you deserve to smile."

I kissed him on the forehead before falling asleep myself.

an// wRITERS BLOCK

i had no ideas for this chapter and i was stuck for so long

thank god i was able to finish this

thanks for 4.1k views!!!

alright, so I have started too many stories

I HAVE 4 oirfhbrwiujhtvbruirtj 

This one is my main priority and I want to finish this before the others

The Spooked one, i got really uninspired for it really quickly so I may delete it..

Popular, I'M INSPIRED AF

I also started another one, it's not currently published while I'm writing this but it's called Travel Pillow

i also have a bunch of random ideas so i started a one shot book, not published (yet)

OKAY THANKS FOR READING MY HOGWASH (hi city of ember fans i like that book)