Chapter 41: Late Hour Of Questions

~Alexander's POV~

'I hope John is gonna get out of that stairwell. I wish I was there though. South Carolina was pretty cool, and I had almost no time to walk around Charleston.' 

I look at the clock.

10:40PM

'Well, It's not like I'm gonna sleep tonight with John on my mind anyways. I miss him so much already, and it's only been a bit over 24 hours. Well, he'll be back soon, just gotta keep that in mind.'

                                                             ~John's POV~

I hear a door open after around an 20 minutes.

"Whoever you are, do not let that door close!"

I run down one flight of stairs, to see my sister, holding the heavy door open.

"Thank you so much."

"I wouldn't leave you behind."

We walk out of the stairwell.

"I cannot thank you enough."

"Why didn't you come out before?"

"All the doors were locked from the inside, and there was no emergency exit."

"Dang."

"Well, let's go home."

We walked for 30 minutes and I collapsed on the couch, as she went upstairs to her bedroom.

I text Alex.

John: I'm out.

Sent 11:27PM

Alex: Thank God.

Alex: Can you call me?

John: Yeah.

Call from Alex

"Hey John."

"Hey."

"You okay?"

"Yeah, you?"

"I'm fine, it's just I miss you so much more than I should."

"Stop, you're making me blush."

"It's the truth, honestly. It's been so lonely since you left."

"You know I'll be back soon, tomorrow or the day after."

"I know, I know, it's just..."

He sighed.

"..Never mind."

"Alex, tell me."

"It's unimportant."

"I don't care, I wanna hear what you have to say."

"It's just.. everything has been a bit darker without you here, I don't really know."

"You know I wanna be there with you, I'm coming back as soon as possible, how many times do I have to say this? I'll look at tickets now if that'd make you happy."

I search tickets on my laptop, and buy 1 ticket for a train to New York that will leave at 3PM tomorrow.

"Alright, so I'll be back at 1AM on Saturday. A bit more than 24 hours."

"I can live with that."

Neither of us spoke, it's just an awkward silence.

"Umm, wanna ask each other a bunch of random questions?" (an// alex speaking)