Chapter 24: Willows Of Happiness and Pain

~Alexander's POV~

We walk off the train, and we start heading towards his family's home. John was basically a map, and knew every turn we needed to take, the certain amount of walking, and where certain stops were.

"Okay, I'm impressed." I blurt out.

"Don't be." he laughed. "We're about 5 minutes away."

"Wait, already?"

"Yeah, we've been walking for almost an hour."

"It seemed like 10 minutes."

"Heh,"

                                       ~John's POV~

We pass that willow tree, the one where I would always run to. 

'Maybe I can take Alex there an hour before the ball begins.. Yes! An hour before, I'll take him to the willow tree, and we can engrave our names into it. That might just help our relationship heal.'

We arrive with a warm welcome from my family, besides my father. He just stayed towards the side, thankfully. We headed up to the guest room.

"I'm sorry about being a bit.. awkward. I just get a bit nervous around new people." Alex explained.

"I totally understand. I get the same way."

Alex opens his laptop.

'We ignored each other the full train ride, but I won't say anything.'

*9 hours later*

"Hey Alex, I have something to show you."

"Yeah?"

"Follow me."

We walk out of the house, and start heading towards the willow tree, though he doesn't know that.

an// *insert lenny face here*

"It's not far, we'll make it back in time." I assure.

"You sure?" 

"Yeah, I'm sure, it's 5 minutes away."

We arrive at the sight, and pull Alex under the tree. I explain why it was so important to me.

"Wow. This place brings back a lot of memories, huh?"

"Yeah, I mean, I always felt safe here like I always am around you. Wait, did I just say that out loud? Oops my bad."

                                            ~Alexander's POV~

I blush a bit.

'Wait, he has scars on his wrist. How did I not notice them before? I won't ask though, especially that's it's probably from him abuse or something like that, but than I hate jumping to conclusions and assuming. I'll just forget about it.'

John hid his hand behind his back. I put my arm around him, and his face turns red. We sit down, our backs laying against the tree.

'I wish this moment could last forever. It's so peaceful, and nothing can get in the way of that. Just two friends on a perfect day. Well, no, not really friend, more like a couple on a perfect day. Yeah, that would make more sense.'

John laid his head on my shoulder.

                                              ~John's POV~

'Please don't tell me that he noticed the scars on my wrist. Ugh, he probably did. I'll explain another time. I just hope he doesn't ask.'

We just sat there in silence for quite awhile.

I look at the time on my phone. 5:58.

"Hey Alex, we should head back."

"Okay."

We get up, and start walking back.

an// OMG

LIKE 4 DAYS TO WRITE JUST OVER 450 WORDS

Again, gonna say this for the like 20,000,000th time but WRITER'S BLOCK IS A BITCH

next chapter; I'm not sorry.

(it's gonna be rough and sad and kms and kys henry yeah)

One more thing, I'm obsessed with Dear Evan Hansen so yeah shout out to you if you got the reference.