The Rogue's Strength

-Flash back 9 years ago-
A young (y/n) is lying in an alleyway sobbing which is partly overpowered by a rumbling which happens to be his stomach. He is also shivering because of the cold everything seems to get darker as his vision becomes blurry as his sobs begin to become faint. Until a voice of a woman asks.
Unknown female:"You alive down there?"
(Y/n) begins to force his only operating eye open as he stares up at the woman upon seeing her however, he attempts to get away from her but fails significantly as he can barely even pull himself to his feet. As he falls into a seated position he looks up at the woman and says through sobs and stutters.
(Y/n):"Please don't kill me! Please I beg of you!"
To which the woman looks a little befuddled .
Unknown female:"Why would I want to kill a child?"
(Y/n):"Aren't you a member of the White Fang you have a mask like them?"
She removes her mask as this is done he picked up on the fact that she isn't Faunus and has long black hair along with crimson red eyes that seem to look right through him all the way into his soul. As he started to lose the fear he had in his soul his stomach began to violently growl as she walks up to him and kneels down and pulls out a piece of bread from her bag.
Unknown female:"You seem hungry if you want I can give you...."
Without a second thought (y/n) just says.
(Y/n):"Yes please and thank you!"
As (y/n) says this she hands him the piece of bread and he basically inhales it as she watches him she asks
Unknown female:"Do you have anywhere you can stay?"
At this question (y/n)'s eye began to tear up as he replied in a shaky voice
(Y/n):"No I...I haven't since um....since my um mom um...
She interrupts to keep the child from going any further by saying
Unknown female:"I see. Well I do have someone I can take you to who can give a place to sleep and possibly a meal from time to time, plus maybe even train you if your into that kinda thing."
To which (y/n) looks on in disbelief at what was said as he was thinking about what was said the female then extends a hand. At this (y/n) takes her hand without a second thought though as they begin to walk (y/n) finds it incredibly hard to walk. To which the woman lets out a giant sigh as she picks him up and puts him on her back. To which (y/n) replies.
(Y/n):"Um thank you so much miss um....
Unknown female:"My names Raven kid."
Upon her saying this (y/n) returns a very sincere thank you as his eye tears up as he fades to sleep.

-Present day-
(Y/n) slowly opens his eyes as he begins to slowly remember where he is as he also realizes he somehow ended up with a pillow and blanket from somewhere to which kinda confuses him that is until Ruby walks up to him and asks.
Ruby:"How'd you sleep?"
(Y/n):"I guess I've slept worse. I just wish I knew where this blanket and pillow came from."
To which Ruby replies with a warm smile.
Ruby:"Well you seemed to be shivering in your sleep so I brought you one of my extra pillows and blankets."
(Y/n):"Um thanks I appreciate it."
Ruby:"Don't worry about it."
Well about the time (y/n) and Ruby finish their conversation. (Y/n) grabbed his cloak and put it on and think.
(Y/n)'s thoughts:"Why did I dream about that? I haven't even thought about that in years. Plus, that's the only time I've ever seen her."
While thinking this (y/n) goes to his locker which seems to be next to a guy who has black hair with what seems like a pink strip in it talking to, well, more like listening to a girl with ginger like hair who is literally all over the place. (Y/n) didn't really seem bothered by this while he was gathering and sharpening his sword. (Y/n) just continue to think about that memory until he heard a yell come from someone only to turn and see a blonde haired boy pinned to locker by a spear. Upon seeing this (y/n) hears the intercom say.
Intercom:"All first year students report to Beacon cliff for initiation."
As (y/n) began to walk in the direction of the boy with blonde hair he noticed Ruby doing the same but she's followed by this blonde girl with purple eyes and (y/n) can't shake this thought that she looks so familiar. Because of this he just decides to head to the Beacon cliff.
-At Beacon cliff-
(Y/n) stands on one of the platforms honestly half paying attention as he keeps thinking about why the blonde girl looks familiar to him until the sound of a defeated Ruby going.
Ruby:"What!?"
This got his attention allowing him to hear the rest of the headmasters speech.
Headmaster:"Once you're partnered up make you're way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way do not hesitate to destroy anything in your way. Your objective is to find an abandoned temple containing several relics each pair must grab one and return to the cliff. Are there any questions?"
Once this was said the same boy from earlier raises his hand and says.
Blonde boy:"Yeah um sir?"
Headmaster:"Good now take your positions."
Upon (y/n) hearing this he get into a fighting pose and take in a deep breath as he closes his eyes all sound around him fades away as the sound of people talking becomes faint. As he gets ready to be launched he takes in one final deep breath as he opens his eyes he feels himself be launched into the forest.

As (y/n) nears a tree he flips his sword out and slices into the largest tree he sees using it to slow his momentum but before the tree could pinch the blade he rips back performing a backflip landing on his feet at the base of the tree.
(Y/n):"Well that worked better than expected. Now which way am I headed? Hm ah I got an idea."
Upon saying this (y/n) closes both eyes until he opens only the left to reveal that it's vastly different. The whites of his eyes are black, his iris has turned crimson red, and his pupil has changed into a upside down star in the middle. (Looks like this keep in mind I drew this free hand so the circle are a little shitty but you get the idea)

 (Looks like this keep in mind I drew this free hand so the circle are a little shitty but you get the idea)

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

After only using this for a few seconds he just says.
(Y/n):"That way."
After saying this he closes the left eye while opening the right before opening the left eye as well revealing it to be back to normal. (Y/n) begins make his way toward the direction he pointed out with his eye. That is until (y/n) notices the girl in white from before being surrounded by beowulfs and decide it's probably best to assist. As one tries to slash her from behind only to have it be parried by (y/n)'s blade and as the monster stumbled back (y/n) slices in a horizontal motion causing the beast to be split in half with ease. This leaves the girl in white in a state of shock which is only furthered as (y/n) turned to look at her with his left eye glowing red with his right eye closed she was snapped back to reality by (y/n) saying.
(Y/n):"Hey let's finish this quickly. I don't wanna push this eye harder than I have to."
She just nods and gets into a fighting stance behind (y/n). (Y/n) notices her move in rather quickly until Ruby jumps in front of her as Ruby slashed down the beowulf she was going after causing the girl in white stumble and shoot a trail of fire toward (y/n) thankfully he was able to read it from a mile away so he tricked a beowulf in to the flame trail as it neared allowing (y/n) to dodge at the last possible second. This of course caused the girls to begin arguing as (y/n) literally shouted.
(Y/n):"NOW IS NOT THE FUCKING TIME!!!! WE HAVE WAY BIGGER PROBLEMS AHEAD!!!!
This got their attention as they nodded and got into fighting stances on both sides of (y/n). That is until a tree that of which the fire stream hit had fallen as the girl in white tapped both (y/n)'s and Ruby's shoulders and said.
Girl in white:"We need to go!"
(Y/n) then says as he closes his left eye as he grimaces a little in pain while holding a hand against the eye.
(Y/n):"Right let's go."
Ruby just looks at you and nods as (y/n), her, and the girl in white retreats. After getting far enough away all three begin to gather their breaths and once they had the two girls commence to arguing again that is until the girl in white looked at (y/n).
Girl in white:"Why did you come help!? Do you not have a partner or something?!"
(Y/n):"As a matter of fact I don't have a partner and last time I checked you seemed kinda surrounded and just me personally I don't wanna watch someone get eaten alive by grimm."
The girl in white kinda draws back at the statement you made before beginning to walk off as Ruby turns looks at you and says.
Ruby:"You can come with us until you find someone to partner with."
(Y/n):"Thanks Ruby. I appreciate that."
Ruby:"No problem friend."
(Y/n) then kinda lets her words sink in as he thinks.
(Y/n)'s thoughts:"A friend huh I don't believe I've ever had one of those."

A/n: Ok that's chapter three done I tried to make this one a bit longer so I hope you guys enjoyed and I will see you in the next part. Peace!