She scowls and pushes him away, forcing him into the other chair next to her. “Don’t. Speak. Of. It.”

“What? That you smell like-”

“Don’t speak of it!”

“Okay, geez!”

A ruffle comes from the bed, and all heads snap towards Jules. Everything seems to stop; breath and blinks included. Slowly, Julie’s eyes open, and blink a couple of times. Her lips part to form words, but nothing comes out of her mouth.

What happened? Where am I? What’s going on? I need water. Water.

Quickly, Romeo jumps out of his chair to pour her some ice water. He runs back over to her, gently handing her the water. He runs his hands down her hair, murmuring, ‘Shhh’.

After her water, she sets it down on the table next to her. She tries to sit up, but everything is sore. So Romeo helps her sit up, propping two pillows up behind her. “What happened?” Even after the water, her voice is hoarse and scratchy.

“You’re officially a werewolf now, Jules,” Romeo smiles, rubbing her hand.

The memories string on back to her memory. The pain. Screams. Romeo and Astrid trying to soothe her. A shot. That’s it after that. “Where am I now?”

“In some type of hospital room in the Center. They kept you here until you woke up.”

Astrid smiles slyly, “Romeo stayed here the whole night with you. It was so romantic!” She gushes, slapping a hand to her cheek to be overdramatic.

Juliette smiles warmly, “Thanks Romeo. It means a lot.”

Romeo’s heart starts beating faster. “So I guess we’ll have to tell Ryan your awake now so you can go home.”

She nods, running a hand through her messy curls. “I guess so.” Her eyes glance around the room. Astrid, Noah, and Max are here with Romeo. “Did you guys stay too?”

Astrid shakes her head. “No, I had to go to your house to tell your dad and Max that you were fine. We kinda all just got here.”

Max nods enthusiastically, grinning like a mad man. “I got teddy bears! Oh, oh, wait!” He jumps out of his chair, rummaging in one of the bags he brought with him. He bounces over to her, and shoves something in her face. “Ta-da!”

It’s a wolf. Not a real one, but a stuffed animal one. It’s got furry grey hair and a smile on it’s face. “Romeo’s wolf is grey, right? So now you can have a mini Romeo!”

Glaring flatly at her brother, she swipes the toy from his hand, setting it down on the bed. “Thanks a lot, Max.”

“Anytime.”

Rolling her eyes, she glances back at the chairs. “Dad didn’t come?”