Chapter 1. The Arrival.

Bai Qian giggled and skipped alongside Zhe Yan.  Today was the biggest, most monumental moment of her young life.  Today she was going to seek tutelage from The Great War God Mo Yuan as one of his Disciples, and the excitement was building as they neared the Grand Arch of Kunlun Mountain where his school was situated.

Her eyes were bright and wide as she took in the splendor of the famous mountain, which at this hour of the morning was still shrouded lightly in the early morning mist, but it only added to the magical sight before her.  Smiling brightly she turned back to her care giver Zhe Yan, her face flushed with delight and anticipation.  "Zhe Yan, look, we're here." she beamed back at him, her hand stretched outwards seeking to touch the mountains glory lest it disappear. "How beautiful." she sighed.

Suddenly something in the distance caught her eye.  "Zhe Yan look!  What's that?" she asked in excitement, pointing up at a bright shining light that was reflecting off the mountains side.

"I'm sure we'll find out soon enough." he smiled at her, though he also wanted to know what it was, he had never seen it there before.  

Then rushing forward, she suddenly felt herself being forced back before a swift breeze and a haze of blue enveloped her causing her to almost stumble.  Looking down, she found her whole appearance had changed from a female to a male.  And not only has her appearance changed but her mental orientation has too.

Gone were the cute braids and oddly mixed clothing of a young girl born to wealth and free living.  Bai Qian, had only ever known a pampered life, always treated as a delicate and somewhat fragile butterfly by her 4 brothers, of which Zhe Yan was one.  Not even her most mischievous and naughty behavior could see them rail on her, she was their most treasured gem and she knew it.  But now her life was about to change, and seeing how drastic a change it was going to be, had her on edge. 

In an instant she knows exactly why Zhe Yan has forced her into male form, but she is not at all happy with it.  "Must I really be male Zhe Yan?  You know well enough The War God will see through your disguise, he is your brother after all." she informs him somewhat brusquely.

"And you know well enough, that his school is for males only.  So yes, you must play the part if you are to become one of his Disciples." he counters her with a mocking grin.  "Besides, even if he does see through the disguise, he will not turn you away, you are the daughter of The Fox King, and the next Queen of Qing Qiu.  It is in his interests to take you." he adds with a knowing air.

Then looking her up and down approvingly, he nods his head at her. "You are no longer Bai Qian of Qing Qiu, but a wild fox that I found and named Si Yin." he tells her without a backwards glance, as he turns towards the mountain and  leads her forward.

"Well, I will not lie Zhe Yan.  If he sees through the disguise or asks me directly to introduce myself, I will inform him of my true identity." and she meant it.  She has never lied in her life, and she is not about to start now.

The trip up the mountain is brief and swift, as Zhe Yan wraps them both in his phoenix flame and transports them directly to the main entrance of the Grand Hall.  Bai Qian can barely contain herself, the view is magnificent.  Row upon row of ornately carved pillars line the steep steps leading into the hall, and there to meet them, is a small group of young Disciples, all with their arms raised and their heads bowed.

It is when she takes a few steps forward, that she notices another boy who also looks to be new and seeking tutelage and the look he is giving her is one of scorn and derision.  "Oh look.  Yet another useless child who cannot seek tutelage without the aide of his elders." he says pointedly at her.  "And a weak little fox at that! Tell me, what would the Great War God want with a weak little fox like you?" he asked with a smirk.