"No. I meant I'm sorry for making a sound. The runners..." I pointed back to the store... "they wouldn't have known we were here if not for me."

Madison stopped. "No. Don't apologize for that." She smiled; one of the few times it didn't look forced. "Like you said. We all handle things in our own way and you're still trying to handle this all in your own way. And you will." Madison smiled. "Good thinking on the bleach. We'd surely have double the runners on us if not for that."

I nodded and we continued on. We made it back to everyone in one piece, Tris eyes both of us. I could tell she was checking for injuries.

I searched the backpack thoroughly, pulling out a CD case of young teen standard music and the player. Being that the backpack was pink with glitter told me it was once owned by a child. Casually I walked over to Brennon. She looked confused by my presence, eyes dropping down to my hand. Her eyes perked up a fraction. "I found this." I offered it to Brennon. I thought she needed something to help her through this all. the Twins had each other where as Brennon seemed like a one person child size crew. I understood what it felt like being the odd person out and the most uncomfortable with this new world. "Your mom will want to check out some of the CDs but I heard you loved music and could play a few instruments. I thought this would help."

Brennon looked to Madison for permission before accepting. Her eyes carried a glint I'd never noticed before. She reached in to take it, smiling for the first time I'd ever noticed. "Thank you." For the first time Brennon took a deep breath and looked like a kid.

I smiled as she walked off and sat in the car flipping through the CD case. Madison walked over to her daughter giving me a smile before climbing in beside her.

"That was very considerate of you." Tris stood next to me.

"I care." My casual response earned me a narrowed glare. "I know you Madison wants you all to herself."

"I'm sorry." Tris lowered her head. I caught her take a peak Madison's way before turning to me. She leaned against the ambulance on her side. "I was planning to talk to you about that."

"I get it. You have years with her. I just didn't think it would be that easy for you to drop me."

Tris shook her head. "I never said i would drop you. I haven't made any decisions." Tris turned, flattening her back on the ambulance. She took a breath. "If I'd lost you in that store. I would have--" Tris words were cut off suddenly.

I thought something was wrong looking into her eyes. Tris only seemed taken aback as if something new dawned on her.

"What?"

Pushing her body off of the ambulance, Tris shook her head. "Nothing. I have to talk to my brother." Abruptly, without warning Tris left.

Tris

"Come with me." I waved my head, directing Christian to follow.

We walked a safe distance and then I turned quickly on my brother. "Madison doesn't want me to see Felicia."

Christian eyes widen not from surprise but in sympathy. He stared as if he was trying to figure something out he should already know. He swirled his hands around. "And you...want to do what?"

I blinked rapidly, wiping my eyes. I hadn't felt the tears come but they had. I loved both women. "I don't want to end things. In the heat of the moment, I thought...Madison and I have history. I don't want to lose her. If she needs me to be dedicated to only her than fine."

Christian crossed his arms over his chest. "Before Madison came back into the picture...the idea of you and Felicia sounded perfect to me. With Madison on the picture...my thoughts have not change. But I also know Madison and you are perfect too. So...honestly...if you are asking me to help you choose--"