That Magnetic Pull - Ch. 9 - "Like Any Other Guy"

VOTE :D

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

That Magnetic Pull - Chapter 9 - "Like Any Other Guy"

Sunday passed. No word from Patrick. Monday came and went. Again, no call. Tuesday soon rolled around the corner. Not even a whisper. Frustration was the first word that now came into my mind when I even thought about Patrick's name.

In an effort to not seem completely pathetic, I decided to spend time with Matt once Wednesday came. Shelly and my boss were on a trip to New York and I was free to do whatever I wanted for the rest of the week. When I woke up that morning, I got showered and ready for the day, wearing a comfortable black tank top and a pair of perfectly fitting jeans. I ate a quick breakfast of a bagel smothered with cream cheese before stuffing money in my pockets and grabbing my phone off the counter.

As I stepped out into the hallway, I checked my phone as I finished locking my door behind me. Seeing that I had no missed calls, overlooked voicemails, or unread messages, I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

I gave him one chance. He was blowing it already

I walked the short length to Matt's front door, hoping that it wasn't too early to possibly ask him to hang out. I waited patiently after knocking on his door as I waited for him to open it. When the door was finally pulled open, I blushed slightly as I was greeted with the sight of a shirtless Matt wearing only a pair of black basketball shorts.

"Good morning, Lynn," he greeted happily. "What can I do for you, today?"

"I have the rest of the week off," I explained. "And contrary to how you first met me, I don't feel like being lazy today."

I chuckled.

"Want to hang out with me today?" I asked him, my voice sounded a little unsure.

He smiled widely at me and eagerly nodded his head.

"Do you want to come in?" he asked as he held his front door open for me.

As he began to lead me into his home, he added, "I'm actually finishing a painting this morning. Feel free to watch."

He had his easel set up next to his couch, right in front of the sliding doors leading to his balcony. He sent me a grin and told me to make myself as comfortable as I liked though it wasn't going to take much longer for him to finish.

I kneeled on the couch, leaning on my forearms as they sat on top of the couch's arm nearest to Matt. After about half an hour, he finally put his brush down and began sealing all his paint bottles.

"What's it supposed to be?" I asked, my head tilting to the side as I tried to figure out what the message of the image was.

He laughed before warning me not to get to near.

"I trust you and all, but if you smudge even a centimeter of this painting, you will never be allowed back into my apartment," he said with a smile, though I could tell that it was serious warning.

"So...what is it?" I asked again.

"It's a slightly surrealist depiction of change for the better," he explained as he looked on to his work.

"Oh," I said in wonder. "I kind of see it."

"You do?" he asked, his eyes sparkling in what was beaming pride.

"Yeah, I do," I said with an amazed smile.

He cleared his throat. "Umm...so what do you want to do?" he asked.