That Magnetic Pull - Ch. 4 - "Questions"

Okay...I'm making good on my goal at updating this everyday. It may not seem that way to you because I live in a different time zone than almost all of you, though. Hehe.

Anyway, anyone have any band/music recommendations for me? My iTunes needs some new artists. I'm not really into the whole hit list thing...like the top songs that are mostly hip-hop and stuff. I like some pop/r&b stuff, but I <3 pop-punk, punk-rock, "emo" (idk why they call some bands like that when I don't really think that their music categorizes as that), rock (in general), and sometimes pop-rock, too.

Any suggestions?

Vote and comment <3

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

That Magnetic Pull - Chapter 4 - "Questions"

Patrick stood before me, offering his hand. The shock wore off as soon as I saw Shelly giving me a pointed stare. Grabbing his hand, I shook it briefly before hurriedly making my way next to Shelly. Patrick looked slightly take aback by how quickly I moved away from him as he slowly walked back to the chair he was sitting at before.

Stan Bowman offered one of us the other spare seat in front of his desk, but both Shelly and I declined his offer. I would not be able to sit that near to him without getting all jittery—from what, I'm not quite sure.

I cleared my throat and began to speak, "Uh, Mrs. DeMarrian sent us here for the revised campaign proposals?"

"Right," Mr. Bowman said with a nod.

He opened a drawer to his left and pulled out several familiar folders and a manila envelope.

"Here, these are all the plans and written out details. You'll also find revision notes written in throughout the files," he said, as he handed them to Shelly.

I smiled gratefully as Shelly made her way to the door. I followed after her and turned back to Mr. Bowman to say, "Thank you. I'll get them to Mrs. DeMarrian as soon as possible."

As I turned to head out of his office, Mr. Bowman spoke up.

"Wait," he called after us.

Shelly and I both turned back, our bodies halfway out of the doorway.

"You'll need him, too," he said.

"Who?" I asked, brainlessly.

"Patrick," he replied.

I closed my eyes and tried to convince myself that the fates weren't playing a stupid game with me. I've completely snubbed the guy and acted completely rude thinking that I'd never see him again. There's nothing worse than horrible first impressions.

"Okay," I said. "Let's go."

Patrick stood up and followed us. As Shelly and I, began walking towards the main doors. I noticed Patrick stopping behind us. Turning to send him a questioning glance, Shelly followed my lead and looked back over her shoulder.

"Did you forget something?" I asked him.

"Um, I took my car here. Do you mind if I just drive us all back to your office?" he asked.

I looked at Shelly, wondering what she thought. When all I received from her was a shrug, I sighed.

"Yeah, its fine."

"Great, we should go this way," he said, pointing down another hallway, "It's shorter that way to the lot."

"Sure," was all I gave him in reply.

Once we stepped out of the building and into the parking lot, he led us to the car.

"Hey Analynn?" he asked.