38. Thursday, December 18th

(*Rises from the dead just to give you two chapters within the same hour after like weeks of nothing*)

It was a weird thing for Philip to realize he liked George.

Suddenly, every time he saw George, his heart seemed to light up, and he was smiling before George even said or did anything.

And every time they walked together, all he could think was how easy it would be to just reach out and take George's hand.

Every smile, laugh, and words he said were overanalyzed, as Philip looked for any sign that George liked him back.

His nights were spent fantasizing about George, confessing to him, kissing him, holding him.

Philip was a mess.

"Hey, Philip!"

Philip glanced up from his way out of the art building to see George waving to him and making his way over.

His heart lit up, and he smiled automatically.

He walked to George, trying his best to look like he wasn't hurrying.

"I got you a coffee from Lewis's, just the way you like it." George said, handing him a cup with Maria's signature red lipstick kiss logo on the side.

"Thanks so much! I honestly really needed this. You didn't have to waste your money on me though." Philip said, taking a sip.

"It's fine, I don't mind buying you coffee, you're my friend." George said, smiling his smile that made Philip's heart beat faster.

'Do you buy me coffee because you like me, or are we really just friends?' Philip thought. "You're too kind." He said instead.

"I'm so glad exams are finally over." George said, drinking his own coffee as they headed back to their dorms.

"You and me both." Philip answered.

"Do you want to come over and watch Elf with me in celebration? I'll make popcorn, and Tart might let you pet her."

"Absolutely." Philip said, "though you don't need movies and popcorn to woo me into spending time with you."

"Oh?" George asked "I just need Tart, then?"

Philip briefly considered saying George didn't need anyone or anything to get Philip to hang out with him but settled on "She's a nice bonus for spending time with you."

George laughed and wrapped his arm around Philip's shoulders.

It was probably just meant to be a friendly gesture, but Philip blushed anyways.