3. Saturday, September 6th

The Fire Escape, the nickname for the apartment building Philip was staying in, was holding its annual Welcoming Party tonight.

It was Philip's first year in college, is he had to ask the neighbors, who were spending their third year there, how the welcoming party went.

They said it was supposed to be PG, but someone would always bring in alcohol. It started at 7pm, and was supposed to end at 10pm, but you could always hear drunk college kids out in the courtyard until the late hours of Sunday morning.

Philip decided to ask Theodosia if she was going to the Welcoming Party, and walked to her apartment, which was on the same floor, but a different side, or block, of the building.

The middle block faced the road, unlike the right block that Philip was staying in, and he took a second to watch a few cars whiz by before knocking on her door.

Eston Jefferson answered.

"Philip!" He exclaimed "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to see Theodosia, she's my girlfriend." Philip replied, rocking on his heels.

"Come in, I'll go get her." Eston said, moving to the side to let Philip enter.

George Eacker sat on a bed in one of the bedrooms, doing something on his laptop, and Philip tried not to awkwardly stare at him as he passed the open door.

"Theo!" Eston called, knocking on the other bedrooms door.

A girl who looked a lot like George answered, a book in hand.

"Theo's not here, some girl named Frances came and they left together." She said.

Recalling when Theo had named her roommates, Philip assumed this was Catherine.

"That's my twin sister," Philip said to Eston as Catherine shut the door "She's Theodosia's best friend."

"Is it weird having a twin?" Eston asked, walking outside with Philip.

"Kinda." Philip answered "I mean, we don't look exactly alike, so we never got mixed up, but the 'can you guys communicate through your brains?' Questions have gotten pretty old. We're close, but I can't read her brain, and I don't to."

"If I had a twin I wouldn't want them reading my brain either," Eston said, leaning against the stair railing "It could come in handy, but then they could also find out shit like what you masturbate too."

"Exactly." Philip said. A few seconds passed before he spoke again "I didn't know George was your roommate."

"It's the worst, sharing a room with him." Eston said "But at least he's tidy, and keeps his stuff on his side of the room."

"You said earlier this week that he's an asshole, but he doesn't seem so bad." Philip said.

"Trust me, he's an asshole." Eston replied.

Philip shrugged and left it at that.

-time skip-

Philip weaved through the small crowd of college student towards the drinks table, two empty red solo cups in hand.

He reached the table and refilled Theodosia's cup with Pepsi, and moved to fill his too, when his eyes caught the bottles of beer and vodka someone had put on the table. He filled his cup halfway with Pepsi, and then mixed in some beer. It would probably taste horrible, but he wanted to be a bit tipsy.

Philip turned and bumped into George Eacker's chest, making the liquids in the cups Philip was holding splash out a little bit.

"Sorry." Philip said over the music, moving to get past George.

"Philip, right?" George asked. Philip was bit suprised George actually decided to talk to him, but turned and nodded anyways.

"Sorry I didn't reply to you when we first met, I was pissed off at my sister, and wasn't in the mood to talk to someone." George explained "I'm George Eacker by the way."

"It's fine, I get how annoying siblings can be sometimes- I have eight." Philip replied.

"Oh jeez, that has to suck." George says.

"Well, technically only seven, but there's one on the way." Philip added "I have to get back to my girlfriend now, but I'll talk to you later, possibly?"

George nodded, smiling a bit, before focusing on pouring himself a drink.

Philip weaved through the crowd, back to where he had left Theodosia, and handed her her drink.

"Thanks." Theo said, standing on her tiptoes and kissing Philip's cheek.

Philip smiled and put his arm around her shoulders.

"Hey, guys." Georges said, emerging from the crowd, Will and Frances following him.

"Hey." Theodosia said.

"How's college going so far?" Frances asked Theo.

"Georges and I are in the same history class, so that's fun." Theodosia said, smiling at Georges "What about you?"

"I get to be surrounded by computer and art nerds every day, so it's about as awesome as it could get." Frances answered.

"Frances is right, being surrounded by computer nerds is great." Will said.

"Ugh, do we have to talk about college?" Georges asked.

"Well, what do you want to talk about?" Philip asked.

"How hot everyone is here?" Georges said.

"Oh my God, Georges, can you stop being a slut for like five minutes?" Frances said as David walked up.

"I'm a slut, and proud of it." Georges answered.

"Hey, Philip." David said.

"Hi!" Philip answered.

"Who the fuck is this?" Will asked.

"This is David Jones, he studies law with me." Philip said "David, this is my twin sister, Frances, my cousins, Georges Washington De Lafayette and William Mulligan. And this is my girlfriend, Theodosia Burr."

"Like Aaron Burr?" David asked.

"Yup! He's my Dad. He teaches you guys law, right?" Theo said.

David nodded.

"I've got to go," David said, his eyes locking on something over Philip's shoulder "Eston looks like he's drunk and about to do something dumb."

"Who's Eston?" Frances asked as David left.

"He also studies law with us." Philip explained.

"Jeez, Philip, how many friends have you made?" Georges asked.

"Really just David and Eston, but I've introduced myself to other people." Philip said.

"By the end of the year you're gonna be that one person that everyone is friends with, aren't you?" Georges asked.

Philip shrugged. "Maybe I will."