30. Sunday, November 30th

(1/3 through this fanfic, whoo)

"Philip, time to wake up." Frances, shaking her brother awake.

"Ugh, but it's the weekend." he groaned, rolling over and facing his back to her.

"I know, and it's almost time for lunch, you've slept enough." she said. "There's bacon and whatever you can find in the kitchen. Georges is out with Dick, Will said he was off to repent his sins at church when he left, but I doubt that's actually where he is. I'm going on a date with Theo. Just so you know."

Philip sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Ok." he muttered, his voice cracking from just waking up.

Frances looked him over. "Why are you wearing a coat? It's not even your coat." 

Philip looked at the coat. "Oh, this is George's. I haven't gotten the chance to return it yet." 

"Yeah, but why are you wearing it in bed?" 

"I was cold."

Frances smirked at him in a knowing way. "Well, if he's home, you can return his coat today. I'm leaving now, don't touch my stuff, I've got a bunch of homework out that can't be messed with." She left the room. 

Philip nodded, tossed his blankets off himself, and swung his legs over the side of the bed. He pulled on a sweater with a little rainbow on it, and ripped jeans. He walked to the kitchen and made himself some bacon and toast before going over to George's.

Philip tapped on the apartment door, which was quickly opened by Rine. 

"Hey, who are you here for?" she asked, holding a half open book in her hand.

"George. Is he here?" Philip asked.

"Yeah, he's in his room. Are you returning his coat?" she asked, glancing at the coat neatly folded over his arm. Philip nodded.

"Good. It's only going to get colder, and I don't want him to freeze." Rine moved to let him through the door. 

He walked to George's room, now familiar with the apartment's layout, and knocked on the door.

"Come in." George called, which Philip did.

"Good morning, I brought you back your coat." Philip said. George looked up at him from where he was sitting on the floor, studying, and smiled. 

"Thank you," he said "I was debating going to get it from you, but I didn't want to seem rude."

Philip laughed. "It wouldn't have been rude." He set the coat down on George's bed, and sat down on the floor next to him "What are you doing?" 

"Homework for Law." George said, showing Philip the almost finished sheets of paper.

"Ugh, you understand that?" Philip asked "It's super confusing to me." 

"it's actually pretty simple once you get the hang of it," George leaned over and explained it to Philip.

"Oooooh, I get it now!" Philip exclaimed, looking up at George. He realized their faces were quite close and pulled away a bit, blushing lightly. 

"If you don't get the homework, I could be your study buddy or something. I don't want you to fail the class." 

Philip smiled and hugged him. "That would be great!" Philip exclaimed. 

George smiled and looked away. 

Philip's phone buzzed. He pulled it out of his pocket and looked at it. "Sorry, I've got to go, Will want to have lunch with me. I'll see you later!" he hugged George again and left.

On his way to the Lewis Cafe to wait for Will, Philip smiled happily. 

"What's got you smiling like that?" Maria asked as he entered.

"Nothing." 

Maria rolled her eyes and smiled.