36. Tuesday, December 16th

(I kinda want to write an original story on Wattpad, but I also have a hard time committing to original story ideas, and Pheacker is kind of already my thing.
Tiny trigger warning for talk of child murder.)

"How do you think you did on the exam?" George asked as he and Philip walked out of the law building, just having completed their law exams.

"I knew, like, everything but also nothing that was on that exam. I think I either got an A or failed completely." Philip said, looking tiredly ahead of them.

"I'm expecting around a B. Do you want to go grab coffee before the next exam?"

Philip nodded, and he and George walked to the little cafe on campus. It wasn't as good as The Lewis Cafe, but they didn't have that long until the next exam, so they decided to play it safe and stay on campus, though several people would probably risk the short amount of time just to go to Maria's.

Philip and George ordered their coffee and found a little table in the back and sat down. Philip scrolled through his Instagram while George texted someone.

A few minutes passed before Philip sighed dramatically and dropped his head onto the table.

"What's wrong?" George asked, looking up from his phone.

"Theo and Frances are in a relationship, and Dick and David are in a relationship, and Eston and Georges are in a relationship, and so my feed is constantly filled with pictures of them all do cute relationship-y things, (couple-y things, if any of you remember my previous fanfic) and I wish I was in a relationship just so I could do stupid cute relationship stuff all the time." Philip sighed.

George patted Philip's hand sympathetically. "The right person will come along eventually."

"You sound like my mom." Philip muttered "she's into all that soulmates stuff and things like that. And maybe I do have a soulmate, but what if I never meet them, or I have but they were just a passerby on the street or something and I'll never seem them again. Do you get what I'm saying?"

George nodded. "Yeah, or what if they died already, do you get a new soulmate, and if so, didn't they have a soulmate already? What's up with that? And are you and your soulmate always soulmates, or does it just happen when you turn a certain age or something? What if you and your soulmate hate each other or don't have anything in common?"

"And what about polymorys, aromantics, and divorced couples? Can you and your soulmate be just friends? Do you have to be in love with your soulmate? What if you're not?" Philip asked, sitting back up. "And do bad people get soulmates? I wouldn't want to be soulmates with a child murderer or something."

George shrugged. "If there are soulmates, there should be a book of rules, because otherwise it's confusing. But, since we don't have a rulebook, or at least one we know about, I think you just have to go with your heart."

Philip leaned back in his chair. "But my heart is confusing. My heart needs to sort their shit out."

"Agreed." George said, lifting his coffee cup.

They clinked their cups together and drank.

(As you can see, I've thought a lot about soulmates, and this isn't even all of my questions.)