13. Monday, October 6th

(I have so much writers block this sucks.)

"Put on a jacket tomorrow, Philip. The temperature is starting to drop, and I don't want you to freeze to death." Maria said, wiping down the cafe counter as Philip swept the floor.

"I feel like the longer I know you the more you become my second Mom." Philip said, picking up a crumpled receipt off the floor and tossing it towards the trash can. He pumped his fist when it landed in the trash.

"Well, possibly....in the future...." Maria mumbled.

"Wait, my Mom agree to go on a date with you?!" Philip gasped, dropping his broom and then quickly picking it back up.

"Well, I asked her if she wanted to go out to dinner some time, and she seemed excited, but maybe she's just excited for free food, and doesn't consider it a date." Maria said.

"Well, my Mom does enjoy free food." Philip said.

"You're not helping." Maria said.

Philip laughed. "Did she want to plan the date, or did she let you do it?" He asked.

"She wanted to plan it." Maria said.

"Well, she clearly cares about it, she always wants to plan things that are important to her. I don't know, if she sees it as an actual date, though." Philip said, sweeping the dust and dirt into the dust pan.

Maria nodded, thinking over the new information.

"Thank you, Philip." She said "Now you better get home soon, I can finish up the cleaning myself."

"It's fine, Maria, I don't mind-" Philip said, but Maria pushed him out the door and locked it. She waved at him through the glass and then turned back to cleaning.

Philip sighed and walked across the street. The courtyard had a few small groups of people scattered about it.

"Hey."

Philip looked up from the ground to see George Eacker sitting on the bottom step of the stairs, a laptop balanced on his thighs.

"Hey, why are you out here?" Philip asked, sitting next to George.

"Because I do what I want, and also because Theodosia and Eston are watching a loud action movie." George said, continuing to type.

"Can't you just ask them to turn it down? It's kinda cold out here." Philip said.

"I don't mind, plus Eston kinda hates me, so I don't want to do anything else to make him mad." George said.

"He doesn't hate you, he's just mad about that whole thing with Julia." Philip explained.

"I can see why, I mean I would be mad too if I walked in on my girlfriend cheating on me, but she had told me she and Eston had broken up, and I was in this weird place where I refused to accept I was gay. Really, the whole situation is a mess." George said. He finished typing his thing and closed his laptop.

"Maybe you should tell him that," Philip said "I feel like he would understand."

George shrugged and stood up. "I'm gonna go," he said "it is kinda cold.

"I should probably get going too." Philip said.

"Come on, I'll walk you to your apartment." George said. Philip nodded and followed him up the stairs.

"Have a good night." Philip said when they reached his apartment.

George smiled faintly and turned to walk to his apartment. Philip watched him until he was inside before closing his own door, smiling as well.