10. Tuesday, September 30th

(Quick question: I try to get at least 1000 words into each chapter of this, but that makes the time between updates longer. Would you rather have long chapters every so often, or shorter chapters more often?)

"Happy three year anniversary!" Philip cheered, handing Theodosia a bouquet of flowers.

"Thank you!" She answered, smelling them "But you really didn't have to buy me flowers."

"I wanted to." He assured her, holding his arm out for her to take.

Theo smiled a bit and leaned her head against his shoulder as they walked out of the Fire Escape.

"Where do you want to go to Dinner?" Philip asked.

"Let's go to Lewis's." Theo said, pointing to the little cafe across the street that Philip worked at.

Philip nodded in agreement, and they waited for the light to turn before walking across the street.

"Hey, Susan!" Philip said to Maria's daughter, who was working at the counter. She waved a hello as another one of the staff brought Philip and Theo to a table and set down menus, as well as taking their drink orders.

"Can you believe we've been dating for three years?" Philip asked.

Theodosia shook her head.

"Do you remember back when we first got together, and Georges was still in his emo phase?" Philip asked.

"He's still in his emo phase." Theo laughed "Speaking of which, my roommate, Eston, is totally into Georges. Every day he's like 'hey, did Georges talk about me? Does he like anyone? Do you think he'd be interested in dating me?' And I'm like 'dude, I don't know. Georges and I are close friends, but I can't tell you anything for sure. Just ask him yourself.' And he's like 'but what if he doesn't like me back?' And it's just that over and over. Catherine and I agree that it's getting pretty old."

"Catherine is another one of your roommates, right?" Philip asked, taking a sip of the Sprite that had just been put down on the table in front of him.

"Ya, she's also George Eacker's little sister."

"How are they in the same grade, then? Are they twins?"

"No, George was born in September, and their parents got pregnant again right after him, so their ten-ish months apart, but still in the same grade."

"I'm glad their not twins. Frances and I like being known as the only pair of twins on campus."

"How is Frances, by the way?"

"She's good, or at least seems to be. She hasn't been talking to me as much recently, but I think that's just because she's busy with school and shit."

"I've talked to her a little bit, and she has said that school is pretty busy."

"It's also pretty fucking expensive."

"You're not wrong."

Their waiter came back, and they ordered.

"How's law?" Theo asked.

"Pretty fun. Eston is in my class so I talk to him a lot, as well as our other friend, David. George is in it too, but I don't talk to him a lot."

"Why not? You're they type of person to befriend anyone."

"Well, we did do a project together, but Eston is still learning to like him so we don't actively sit with him, and he's pretty quiet anyways."

"If Eston is ok with it you should invite him to sit with you guys."

"Why?"

"Because, as you said, he is a quiet person, and as his roommate I think he should have friends."

"You sound like a Mom."

"I take that as a compliment."

Their food was set down on the table, and they began to eat. Afterwards, they walked back to the Fire Escape to watch a movie at Theodosia's.

"What do you want to watch?" Theo asked, scrolling through Netflix.

"Nothing scary." Philip answered.

"Why do you hate horror movies so much? I like them."

"Why would you ever like them?"

"Because I find the cliches funny."

"Well I don't, I find them scary. Let's watch a comedy."

After a while of arguing, they settled on Masterminds, a great movie, and snuggled together as it began to play.

After about half an hour later George walked in through the front door. Philip and Theodosia greeted him.

"Hey," George said "don't you two usually hang out as Philip's? What's with the sudden change?"

"It's our anniversary, and you guys are less likely to be using the TV." Theo explained.

"Ok, I'm going to study. Please don't have sex on the couch." George said, walking into his room.

Theo rolled her eyes. "I bought this couch so I can do what I want on it!" She yelled after him.

"Shush," Philip said "this part is funny."

Theo quieted and curled up against him again.

After the movie, Theo walked Philip to the door. "Get home safe." She said.

"We're practically neighbors, what could possibly happen to me on the short walk to my apartment?" Philip asked her.

"I don't know, you could get mugged or something, so be safe."

Philip laughed and kissed Theo before leaving.

He quickly walked to his apartment.

"I'm back!" Philip yelled, entering his apartment.

"And Georges went on a date!" Will yelled back.

"You did?!" Philip gasped "With Eston? How was it?"

"A lady doesn't kiss and tell." Georges said, crossing his arms.

"You kissed him?" Frances asked.

"No, but I might in the future." Georges said.

"But was the date with Eston or not?" Philip asked.

"Yes, it was." Georges admitted.

"About time." Philip said "He really likes you."

"He does?" Georges asked.

"Well, didn't you assume that when he asked you out?" Philip asked.

"I was actually the one to ask him out." Georges admitted.

"Quite the bold move." Will said.

"Anyways, I took him to Panera Bread, and that was it." Georges said.

"Panera Bread? Aren't first dated supposed to fancier?" Frances asked.

"Panera Bread is perfecting fancy, plus it's cheap." Georges said, waltzing to his room.

"How was your date with Theo?" Frances asked.

"Wonderful." Philip answered, smiling.

Frances looked like she wanted to say something else, but instead just ruffled his hair and smiled.