31. Monday, December 1st

(I plan to get at least one more chapter out during thanksgiving break, but we'll see if that actually happens.)

Philip thought about what Will has said at lunch yesterday on his way to school, kicking a rock as he went.

It had started out normal enough, talk of school over sandwiches and soup, but then Will popped the question Philip had been thinking about since he and Theo had broken up.

"So, are you going to start dating anyone now that you're single?" Will asked.

"I don't know. I would like to be in a relationship, but there's no one here who seems to want to date me."

"You could try using dating apps."

"No, those could too easily turn into murder."

"Please, you could easily overpower them. You're small but vicious."

"What if it's a dude bigger or stronger than me?"

"So you're going for guys then?"

"I guess. You know I'm bisexual."

"Well if you're wanting to date a dude, how about that Eacker guy you keep hanging out with?"

"George? No! That'd be weird."

"So he's off the table?"

"I didn't say that."

"So he's on the table?"

"It would be weird to ask him out and to date him. It would be like you being in a relationship with Rine."

"Although I'm Asexual and Rine is Aromantic, and a relationship anything other than platonic is highly unlikely, Rine and I are close enough to spend the rest of our lives together as best friends, maybe marry for tax benefits."

"English, please."

"We're bros for life."

Philip laughed. "But I'm not going to ask out George. If he says no it ruins our friendship, and if he says yes it ruins our relationship too, in a way."

"Fine, fine. But you shouldn't spend the rest of your life single if you don't want to be single."

Philip sighed as he reached campus.

George was pretty attractive, but it wasn't like Philip had a crush on him.

And sure, he was muscular, and smart, and funny, and kind, but they were still just friends.

And although George was gay, Philip totally wasn't his type, anyway. (I can't remember if I said George was gay in this, and I'm too lazy to look back at previous chapters, someone help me.)

Philip reached the law building, and smiled happily at the burst of heat as he entered.

"Hey Philip."

Philip looked up to see George walking towards him.

He was pretty attractive. But plenty of guys were.

"How'd you do with the homework?" George asked.

"I think I did well." Philip said, his cheeks still pink from the cold.

"Let's go to class, and we'll see how well we actually did." George said, making both of them laugh.

Philip nodded and followed him.