8:30am

BEEP* BEEP* BEEP* BE-

I angrily push my alarm clock onto the floor, but suddenly I hear the beeping stop. When I look at the ground, I see the white numbers are now faded. I groan loudly, but begrudgingly get up from the bed to check the alarm. It's broken, but it's okay - This budget thing was only $10 anyways.. plus I've had it for more than 3 years.

I suddenly realise that Kyle wasn't in my room. I quickly throw the alarm clock into the bin, before rushing down the stairs - and mind you, I still have a birds nest on my head, morning-breathe and a lack of fashionable style.

I heard something from the kitchen, so when I walk in, I see Kyle sitting at the kitchen table, which relieves me, "Hi, Kata-wena," Kyle smiles, while eating some chocolate chip pancakes.

"Wow.. so you're going to say 'Hi' even though you scared the living daylight out of me?" I couldn't help but smiles at his cuteness.

Suddenly, my mother comes out of the pantry, "Good morning, Ree," My mother calls, while walking in front of the stove, to continue to make pancakes.

I rush to her side, quickly grabbing the spatula out of her hand," Mum, go sit down. Oh my gosh, this is dangerous for you and the babies. Do you have any burns?" I ask her, getting worried. Of course, I'm going to be worried. She's almost 4 months pregnant. Though I'm still mad at her, she is my mother after all.

As I continue the pancakes for her, she sends me a thin smile," Are you still mad at me? And could you explain why Kyle is here?" she asks, while standing near the kitchen island.

I ignore her first question, and choose to answer the second one,"Joshua and Camila were fighting again," I stiffly answer. I place the pancakes onto a plate, while continuously checking if Kyle is okay.

She frowns, but quickly covers it up with a fake smile, "Ngaww, I feel sorry for Kyle and Asher," she says, rubbing her stomach.

I scoff," Asher left Kyle alone with them, while he went out with some girl," Yeah, yeah- I'm a snitch. We've established that already. I pour out some more pancake mix into the pan.

"Is he some type of player?" she asks, opening the fridge to grab the milk.

"Is that even a question?" I retort, while flipping the pancakes around.

"That's a 'yes' then," she mutters, while getting the milo from the cabinent.

I finish off the last batch of pancakes, while mum takes a seat next to Kyle, giving him his Milo she made.

"Fank you," he happily squeals. He takes small sips from his milo, while continuing to eat his mini pancakes.

I put the finished pancakes onto a better platter, then place it on the kitchen table for them to eat- I'm not usually that hungry when I just wake up. It like comes naturally, during the day.

I walk up the stairs, into my room and go to the bathroom to take a quick shower. I put on an outfit; A grey oversized sweater, black leggings and black socks. I suddenly have nothing to do, so I clean up everything that seems out of place, which took me only half an hour.

As I was cleaning, everything just came back to me. I really need to talk to someone, so I call Luis.

ring* ring* rin-