31. Heading home

When a couple decides to meet each other's parents, it is normal for the boy to be nervous while meeting his lady's parents and the other way round.
That wasn't the case now, though.

The two of us were flying to California. Ji Yong looked perfectly calm in his plane seat. He had been listening to music and now was taking a rest, sleeping.

I, on the other hand, couldn't find a place to stay still. California was my home, yes, and I had many of my best memories there... but also a couple of not so pleasant ones.

The problem was not my father, but my mother. My little sister passed away in a car accident years ago and since then she is cold with me. On top of this, I didn't know what her reaction would be when she finds out I'm dating a Korean man or that I had been kidnapped.

I sighed and rubbed my temples. The eleven-hour flight was coming to its end and the stewardess asked us to buckle our belts.

Apparently, Ji Yong has woken up and saw me rubbing my temples because he put his hand over mine, giving me a reassuring smile.
"It's okay." He said "You just have to talk with her alone for a bit and I'm sure she'll understand."

I too smiled and replied to him with a small nod.

When we left the plane and entered the building of the airport, I saw my dad waiting for us. I saw him first and took the opportunity to surprise him.

I gave him a huge hug and kissed him on the cheek.
"My girl is back!" He exclaimed "with a boy!" He whispered the last part and wiggled his eyebrows.

"Dad!"

"Hello, sir." Ji Yong greeted and shook my father's strong hand "I'm Ji Yong, Anna's boyfriend." He had that big and at the same time shy smile on his face from which I assumed he already liked my father.

"Is mom here?" I asked,  looking around to find her.

"No. She preferred to stay at home. You know she've always hated airports. Too many people." My dad explained.
I nodded in understanding.

After this we headed home - from the airport in LA to San Jose.

Ji Yong's POV

Anna asked her dad whether her mother was here and her father denied that. I could clearly see that she felt guilty, I understand her - I would have too.

We left the airport and headed to San Jose - Anna's hometown. During the drive, she got sleepy and put her head on my shoulder, taking a little nap.

Her father used this to speak to me more openly.

"Anna told me you were quite famous." He said "Not only in Korea but around the world."

"Well.." I began "I suppose."

"I hope you don't mind but I checked up on you in the Internet." He continued and looked at me smiling. "Nice career you have there."

I laughed. "I do but I wouldn't have been this successful without my bandmates." I said.

"BIGBANG?" He asked and I nodded. "Why did Anna decide to go and live in Korea? I never asked her that?" I asked after a short pause.

"She's always liked the country better. I can't exactly say why but she did..."

We were getting closer and closer to Anna's home. When our car passed the sign 'WELCOME TO SAN JOSE' I reached to wake her up but her father stopped me.

"Before you do that..." he said "Has she told you about her sister?" I nodded "Then you know her relationship with her mother."

"I know. We've talked about this and Anna decided she wants to settle this down. They'll talk at some point and Anna suggested that we both shouldn't be there." I said and caressed her cheek.

Her father smiled. "Yes. She's probably right. It's a thing between the two of them."

I'm late with this part. I'm sorry.
*runs away from the angry crowd*

Thanks for 16K+ views. That means a lot.