27. Waiting

Two months later...

Anna's POV

Ji Yong closed the front door of the house and entered the living room with a letter in his hand.

"It's from the court." He said before opening the envelope. He read it silently.

"To put it in less words, the official trial is on 4th December." He concluded and passed me the paper.

I scanned through it, too. The 4th December was in a week, meaning Derek and Lee Min would be sent to prison seven days from now.
Actually, this is being made only for the press. The real trial was a month ago and Lee Min and Derek's sentences were decided then - six years in prison for her and five for Derek, plus a prohibition to enter South Korea. After 4th December, he will be sent back to America.

I was introduced as Ji Yong's friend and our relationship was not revealed yet.

"Now what?" I asked.
"Now, we wait a week." Ji Yong simply answered, he sat closer to me and hugged me.

"And then?" I asked one more time, looking up at him.
He looked down and touched the tip of my nose with his.
"Then, you can meet my parents."

That caughed me unprepared. "Your parents?" He nodded "Why so sudden?"

"I don't think it's sudden. We've been dating for two months. They should know before anyone else that I'm with someone."

I didn't say anything, only nodded in agreement. His orange hair was long gone and back to its natural black colour. Both of us were looking in the eyes of the other.

"If I'm meeting your parents, does this mean you have to meet mine too?" I said after putting my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah, probably." He laughed.

"You know I don't have the best mother-daughter relationship so I apologize in advance for everything she might do or say."

Ji Yong laughed softly again.
"Don't worry about that... And may be it's not my business but I think you should speak with her. It wasn't your fault that your sister passed away. It was an accident."

I agreed with him and we stayed silent for a while. Just being there, in each other's embrace. The weather was gloomy outside and it has started snowing at some point. Though, the light from the fire in the fireplace was making the house warm and cosy.

"What about your father?" Ji Yong suddenly spoke "What is he like?"

"Well... He pretends he is tough but in the inside he is one cheerful and loveable person. Probably, he will not welcome you with smiles and hugs. He will inspect you first and then decide if he likes you or not." I explained smiling.

"My dad is nearly the same" he said and I laughed.

"I'll give you a hint." I said. Ji Yong gave me a curious look. "My dad likes tennis and my mum - fortune telling."

"Looks like I'll talk with your mother more. I don't know a thing about tennis."

Ji Yong was about to say one more thing but just then someone knocked on the door.

He stood up and went to see who it was. I followed behind.
Ji Yong opened the door to reveal a widely smiling woman with a big bag in her left hand.

"Ji Yong!" She exclaimed and gave him a big hug. She entered the house like she owned the place. "I was passing nearby and thought I could visit you. Also, I want to ask something of you. It's about the new ---"

She stopped mid-sentence after seeing me.

"Who are you?" She asked.

.....
Personally, I'm not very satisfied with this chapter
I hate cliff hangers yet I tend to like writing them. I'm a bad person.
Who do you think the woman is?
Let me know what you think. :)

P.S I hate geometry unbelievably muck!!!