30. His family

"Are you ready?" I asked Ji Yong as I was already on the front door, fully dressed and with the car keys in my hand.

"Yes." He replied, coming down the stairs with his phone in one hand and jacket in the other.

I looked at him and raised my eyebrow. "What?" He asked.

The list of differences describing our outfits was beyond long. I was wearing dark red formal dress and high-heels whereas he had t-shirt and jeans on.
"Shouldn't you be more formal?"

He looked down at himself and shrugged. He came to me and hugged me. "Our clothes do not matter, my sweet girl." He softly told me, gave me a kiss and we left.

It was Saturday and so today was the day I'm meeting his parents. Ji Yong's mother called him in Thursday to invite us. She scolded him a little bit for him not telling her he had a girlfriend and her finding out in the news. But anyways she sounded happy as a whole.

We remained silent. Ji Yong was careful with the driving and I was thinking about him meeting my parents. After meeting Dami, I got somehow confident that his family will like me. I didn't feel the same way for his relation with my family, though. Especially, my mother. She was cold with me, let alone with Ji Yong.

"I know what you're thinking about." His sudden words startled me. "I will be perfectly honest and tell you that a part of me doesn't care whether your parents like me or not. Of course, it's better if they do but... you loving me is more important than anything else... I'll do my best to make them like me. So don't worry." He looked at me and smiled lovingly.

"Thank you, Ji Yong."

We arrived after a while. His parents greeted us warmly and Dami was having that smirk on her face.

All of us entered the house. We did the usual things - ate, talked and talked - nothing out of order.

In the afternoon Ji Yong and his mother went somewhere outside and left me, Dami and Ji Yong's father.

The moment they left the house Dami began talking.
"He is so in love with you, Anna!!!" She cheered.

His father grinned. "Dami is right. I haven't seen him talking about a woman with this excitement."

I blushed a mad shade of red.
"Oh..." this was the only thing I managed to say.

"The question is how much do you love him... don't get me wrong, Anna, but there are women who broke Ji Yong's heart. If you too do it, it'll be the end of him." His father said that with a serious face, a deep concern for his son.

"I won't." I said "I love him. I really do. And I'll do every possible thing to make him happy. I'll leave him only if he wants me to."

"Good."

There was silence but not an awkward one. We were on a terrace and looking at the spectacular view of pretty much whole Seoul.

We heard a closing door and the three of us turned back to see who was entering. Ji Yong and his mother were back, holding some huge box.

"Mom, what's that?" Dami asked observing the box.

"I have always wanted to play that game and I ordered it online." She began "And I thought I would be a good idea to play it together." She put on a great smile. "We went to take it from the delivery house."

"It's a Twister. A big one." Ji Yong laughed "Come on, let's play!"

And, yes. The five of us played Twister. It was great fun, I have to admit.

"How do you feel?" Ji Yong asked me after we left and were driving home.

"I'm happy, really happy." I gave him a smile kiss on the cheek "What about you?"

"If you're happy, that means I'm happy too." He replied. "We're flying to America in two days so we should rest now, right?"

"Right." I sighed.

~~~~~~~~~
Hi. It's been a while but....
Shimi shimi ko ko bop I think I like it 😄😄😄😄
How have yu been?