25. Salvation (part 2)

Anna's POV

"Isn't he picking up!?" Derek asked annoyed.
Lee Min shook her head while holding her phone next to her ear.

"That's strange." She said. "I thought he is desperately waiting for a call from me."

I gulped. The phone in my back pocket kept buzzing and I was afraid they might hear that specific sound. And if they do, they'll put two and two. They're crazy but not stupid.

Ji Yong must be on his way now. That was the only thought that was keeping me from bursting in tears.

I wanted him to be faster. God only knows what might cross their minds and that make-you-cry thing wasn't something I liked.

Ji Yong's POV

I and four police officers - in two cars - were driving towards the store-houses. The siren and the lights of the car were on so the cars were letting us pass by them, also we weren't paying much attention to the traffic lights. That made our drive way faster and we would need less that 30 minutes to get to Anna. That was good.

Fifteen minutes later I could see the rooftops of the store-houses.
"Turn off the siren and the lights." I told the officer driving the car. "I don't want them to hear us coming."

The man did as I asked him to and we quietly approached the buildings.

We parked the car behind the first storage, Anna was in the third one.
There was a gray Hyundai which I assumed was Lee Min's.

Five of us got to the closed door. I put my ear on it to try to hear something, and I did hear some kind of mumble. I couldn't understand the words, though.

The policeman took out their guns, ready to shoot if necessary. Then, with a quick move, they opened the door.

"POLICE!!! DON'T MOVE!"

The four men went into the building before me. From behind I caught a glimpse of Lee Min and Derek's surprised faces. I spotted a knife in Derek's hand. God only knows what was his intention for its use.

Anna was looking at me with a wide smile and tearful eyes. I rushed to her while the police was arresting those two.
"Ji Yong..."she said "You're here."

"Of course I am. I promised you, didn't I?" I smiled while dealing with the ropes with which her legs were tied. "For a second I thought you'd never send this message, tho."

She laughed quietly "Why?"

"Too much time was passing and I was getting nervous..." I shrugged. Anna laughed again.
"Thank you." She said when I was done unting the ropes.

"Are you Ok?" I asked, caressing her cheek. She nodded slightly. "Ok." I whispered.

I lifted Anna bridal style and headed to the exit of the store-house. The police had already shoved Derek and Lee Min in the one of the police cars. I and Anna got in the other one.

While driving she leaned on my shoulder, I was stroking her hair. "Are you sleepy?"

"Hungry more likely... where are we going now?" She asked and rubbed her eye.

"To the hospital." She gave me a questioning look "So you can be examined for any injuries." I explained.

"But I'm all right." She looked up at me.
"Please, let us go... so that I can be calm."

She was just sitting there staring at me for a few moments. Ten just nodded and leaned on my sloulder once again.

After some minutes of silent driving Anna asked me for Derek and Lee Min. I told her that they were in the other car and have probably reached the police station by now, that they'll be arrested and I'm going to press charges.
"Ok. It's all right then."She said and fell asleep on my shoulder.