19. Mirror

Ji Yong's POV

"...ong!...Yong! Ji Yong! Can you hear me?"

I was hearing someone's voice but it was somehow distant. I opened my eyes. My vision was blurry and there was throbbing pain in the back of my head.
I was slowly regaining consciousness.

The person shook my shoulders and called my name one more time. Only then, I found out it was Youngbae.

I managed to sit up and rubbed my nape.
"What.... happened?" I mumbled.

"I want to know the same thing." Youngbae said "I called you over ten times but you never picked the phone up. I got worried and came here to find you unconscious on the floor..... Where is Anna?"

The moment he said her name, I immediately remembered last night's events.
"Anna!" I shouted "They took her Youngbae!"

He seemed puzzled for a second so I quickly explained everything to him. He was shocked.

"Any clue who 'they' might be?" he asked. I shook my head.
How could I let this happen?!

"Come, let's search the house."
"Ok."

The both of us searched the house for anything that could give us a hint for what had happened. And we found nothing.
Nothing but a note stuck on the mirror in Anna's room.

Youngbae found it first so I took the paper from him and read out loud:

"So, Ji Yong, only three months after me, you found a girl, huh? I told you then, didn't I. I'll have my revange. To leave me like this!
We have Anna and you aren't getting her back until I decide. Consider yourself my toy. I'll play with you like you played with me.
By the way, hiring the bodyguards was smarty but not enough.
I think it's not necessary to sign this, you already know who I am."

There was long silence. I just couldn't find words to say. Why on Earth would she involve Anna in her sick plans to revenge me? I was angry, no, scratch that, I was furious.

"So it's Lee Min, huh?"
"Don't say that bitch's name! Who knows, you may summon her."

I was nervously walking around the room, constantly running my hands through my hair. "What are we going to do?" I asked, my voice weak.

"First, going straight to the police and reporting her kidnapped."

I looked at my bro with gratitude.
"What am I doing without you Youngbae? "

He just smiled and the both of us headed to the police station to report Anna missing.

I called Nina while Youngbae was driving the car. We need her to give the police as much more information as possible.

"Hello?" She picked up.
"Nina, it's Ji Yong."
"You sound a bit under the weather. What's wrong?" She asked friendly. Only if she knew what had happened.

I hesitated for a moment or  I have to say I was scared of how should I tell her.
"Anna....."
"Yes, what about her?"
"She... got kidnapped." I half-whispered.

Nina stood silent for a few moments. I was able to hear her sobbing.
"W-what?! W-who would do this?" She asked, her voice shaky.

"I'll explain everything to you. Tell me where you are and we'll take you."

Nina told me where she was and Youngbae drove to the place. Then we went to the police station.

We showed and told the officers everything - from the message to the note we found today.

They promised us to do their best but I have this feeling that it won't work, that I have to find her myself.

Why Lee Min? Why? Why would you do this?

Anna's POV

T

he first thing I sensed, after I regained consciousness, was cold and hard floor. It was dusk and quiet, as if I were all alone.

My hands were free but my ankles were tied with thick rope.
While I was hopelessly trying to untie it, I heard approaching steps.

"Well, well, well. Look who has woken up."

That voice is...

He showed himself from within the shadows. His eyes were sparkling like he was a wild beast. That lunatic smile on his face...

"Hello, my dear Anna. Do you still remember me?"

...Derek's.

"Derek!" I whispered, my voice almost gone, my eyes - wide. "What are you doing here?!"

He laughed cruelly, insanely, madly.

"I'm here to have my revange."

Cold chills went down my spine.

......
Sorry for the late update. I just wasn't in the mood for writing. Tell me what you think in the comments.
Thank youu.😙😙