21. He is here

Ji Yong's POV

The atmosphere was awful. Me, the rest of BIGBANG and Nina were sitting in the back yard of my house while the police was searching the house again for something that I and Youngbae may have missed. Everyone was in deep thoughts so no one was talking.
I had my elbows on my knees, my hands in the hair.

The boys really liked Anna when they first met her and were really shocked to know she was now missing and my ex is behind it all.

"She can't be alone." Nina suddenly spoke up.

"What do you mean?" Daesung voiced my thoughts.

"I've seen Lee Min's pictures on the internet. She doesn't have the physical strength to lift Anna." She stopped to see if we were following her "There must be someone, probably a man, who is helping her." She finished.

She had a really good point. Lee Min is indeed unable to lift a human. Also, the person who hit me from behind was certainly a man. I'm sure of it.

"Who would help her?" Seungri asked.
"She may payed somebody." I suggested.

The next moment, two police officers approached us. One of then was way younger than the other and looked kind of familiar. But with everything happening, to know the place I'd seen him, was my tiniest problem.

They came to us and nodded as a greeting.
"We finished searching the house. Unfortunately, without any success in finding any evidences."

"But we thought of something." I interrupted "She has a partner. We are certain."

We told them everything we had discussed. The older man was tapping his chin from time to time, thinking.

"Is there someone, except your ex girlfriend, who would want to hurt her?" The police officer asked. I turned to Nina. I couldn't answer that question and that was driving me crazy, killing me.

Nina started thinking hecticly. It was written on her face that she was desperately seeking for an answer.

"Umm... I don't think so... as far as I know she doesn't have enemies."

The police officer wrote something down in a notebook, while nodding.

"Ok. That's for the time being. We'll try and investigate."

"Thank you." I said.

"Fell free to call us if you remember something else." After those words, the two men left the house.

Now it was only the six of us. A heavy sigh escaped from my lips. "What are we going to do? I cannot stay and do nothing." I asked, not particularly turning to anyone.

"You really don't trust the police, do you?" Youngbae said. I shook my head no.

"But what if..." Seunghyun - hyung began, we all looked at him "Nina, you said she doesn't have enemies here, in Korea." She nodded "What about America then?"

"Well.... NO!" She suddenly shouted "It can't be! That's impossible!" She said in English while searching for something in her bag - her phone.

"Please, tell me I'm wrong!" She continued speaking in English as she was scrolling her phone contacts.

She stopped at the name 'Derek's mom' and tapped call.

A message appeared on the display 'Would you like to use roaming services? Yes. No.

Nina tapped yes.
She put it on loudspeaker so that we can hear the conversation too.

The woman picked up.
"Hello?"
"Hello, Mrs Thompson. It's Nina."
"Oh, hey there. How are you?" the woman asked cheerfully.
"I'm fine.... Mrs Thompson, is Derek at home by any chance?" Nina had her fingers crossed.
"I'm afraid he is not. He left for Canada two days ago. Why?"
"I wanted to talk with him...umm, could you give me his number so I can call him, please?"
"Yes, of course." The woman dictated that Derek's guy phone number while Nina was writing it down. She thanked and hung up.

"Who is Derek?" I questioned.

"Derek is Anna's ex boyfriend. Before she left America in order to study here, he proposed to her. She said she was too young and not ready for this life and refused to marry him.... After Anna left, Derek was often being made fun of because of that. One day he became fed up with it and swore he would revenge her." Nina explained to us.

"So, basically, you are saying that he lied to his mother and he is actually in Korea?" Daesung said.

Nina nodded. "I was in his house when he swore. His mother is a teacher and I needed her to explain something to me.... He came back home furious - shouting, shoving, swearing... He was like a storm." Nina made a pause "Oh, God, guys. I'm afraid." She cried and Seunghyun - hyung put an arm over her shoulders to comfort her.

I took the piece of paper where Nina wrote Derek's number and pulled my phone out of my pocket.
I dealed the number.

No message for roaming services appeared.
He was here, in Korea.

"Hello?" He picked up.

.........
Well, hello my fellow readers. The previous chapter was posted after a long break so I thought to compensate you with this one by posting it sooner than I thought at first.
BIGBANG's comeback is soon and I will totally FREAK OUT.
Hope you like this part of the story. Vote, comment - it means a lot to me.
Bye.