14. What to do

The moment I got home I phoned Nina. The phone kept ringing but with no answer from the other side of the line.

"Come on, Nina!! Pick up the DAMN phone!!" After two or three calls she finally answered her phone.

"Heey, Anna. What's up, girl?" she asked cheerfully as ever.

"Nina, could you come at my place? I have something to tell you. It's..... Just come, please!"

She may sensed the uneasiness and worry in my voice, it was impossible for me to hide. My whole body was shaking.

"Anna.... you scare me. Has something happened? Are you ok?" she asked in worried voice. I deeply sighed. Didn't know what to tell her so I said nothing.
"Ok. I'm coming. Where are you?"

"My place and sorry for interrupting. I know you still have lectures..."

I could hear noises as if she was packing her bag with all the textbooks and pens. She was last year at university.

"Don't mention it." She hung up.

Feeling tired, I lied down on the couch and put my phone on the coffee table which was in front of the couch.
I covered my eyes with my arm and started thinking. Who might that man be? I've done nothing to no-one. As far as I know I have no enemies. But in any case if I do have some, they won't threaten me like this, right?

And then I saw it. Under the coffee table. There was a box which wasn't supposed to be there. I heard the sound of my sharp breathing distantly.

Someone had broken into my apartment and put this thing here for me, to find it. With a trembling hand I reached for the box. I took it and put it in my lap, scared to open it and see what was in there.

In the same moment Nina burst through the door, a worried expression on her face. When she saw me sitting on the couch her eyes went wide open.
"Anna, what happened? You are so pale. Are you ok?" she hugged me. I nodded.

"Well, physically I'm ok but mentally.... I don't know." I closed my eyes.

"Now tell me what's going on." Nina demanded.

"Ok.... I.... I've been receiving scary notes lately. The first was when I left you with Ji Yong" I showed her the message "And the second... unknown man asked a customer in the bookshop to give it to me." I showed her the note.

"So it's those two things?" Nina asked.

I nodded.
"And this box. I found it under the table which means the man knows where I live." my voice was shaking.

"Probably he's stalking you... what's in the box?"
I shook my head in ignorance.
Nina took it from me and opened it.

There were photos of my workplace, my home and photos of me and Ji Yong on our first date. Under the photos Nina found another note.

"Love birds! Do you want the fans to know?" she read. "So he is really stalking you." she said quietly.

"Nina, what to do? Tell me." a tear escaped from the corner of my eye. Nina hugged me again.

"I think you should tell Ji Yong about this."

".....ok....."

"Calm down now. I'll make you a tea. Plus I'm staying with you until we find out who the man is and what he wants."

"Thank you, Nina. You're a true friend."

~~~~~~~

Hello! Well, kind of boring chapter but..... How will Ji Yong react when Anna tell him? Stay tuned for the next chapter and you'll understand.

Thank you for reading. Please, vote and express your opinion in the comments.

#Wattys2016
Vote for meee!!! Thank you.

Bye.