24. Salvation (part 1)

Ji Yong's POV

A few hours have passed and I started getting nervous. I was walking back and forth in the room, not being able to find one peaceful second. Anna's phone was lying silent on the table, not receiving any messages.

"What is taking them so long?" I murmured to myself but looks like the others heard me.

"What if they decide not to visit her today?"

Seungri's words made me froze on the spot, sending cold chills down my spine. The thought never crossed my mind. If they don't visit her today, I would have lied to Anna. I promised her I'll save her.

"God, damn it!" I whispered, heading to the front door again.

"Where are you going now?" Youngbae stopped me.

"To get her! Seungri is right. They may not go to her today and if they really don't, my promise to Anna will turn into a false one. It's hard enough for me to stay here when I know that she's there." I half-yelled, breathing heavily. "I said I'd save her in less than a day, I have to, Youngbae!" I told him after a short pause.
There were tears in my eyes, threatening to fall.

"And you will!" I heard Nina say. She rushed to us with Anna's phone in hand. More important, the display was lit up and a message could be read.
"She sent it just now." Nina said.

I took the phone from her and opened the message.

'They're here. I heard the car's engine. Be fast. I believe in you."

That was written there. The length of the text surprised me but Nina said that Anna is a fast typist.

I breathed a sigh of relief.
"You stay here. I don't want you involved in all this." I said.

They silently nodded and for the second time today I left the house.

First I went to the police station and after some officers came along with me, we heade to the suburbs of Seoul.

Anna's POV

Several hours after Ji Yong had left, I heard a car engine somewhere outside. That meant Lee Min or Derek or even better - both of them, were here.

I quickly took out Ji Yong's phone and typed a message as he told me to do, then put it back on its place - my pocket.

As I was alone I was thinking about the kiss. It was sweet and full of feeling. It was not a some kind of 'calm-down' kiss or something. This was giving me the hope that after all this is over, there might be something between me and him and this was making me smile.

"God, I swear you are the first hostage who smiles when she sees her kidnappers."

Derek's voice startled me. I didn't notice them coming in, I was deep in thoughts.

"Why is that really?" Lee Min asked.

For a part of the second I thought that I would give myself away by not answering fast enough but then the lamest excuse crossed my mind.

"I had a dream." I crosses my fingers behind my back, hoping for them to believe me.

"Dream?!" Derek laughed "What, you dreamt of you being with that guy? How stupid!"

"Enough, Derek!" Lee Min cut him. Then she turned to me, "As you may or may not know, it's been a week since your here." She gestured with her hand, drawing a big circle in the air "I told Ji Yong I would let you go if he renews our relationship but he's done nothing so far." She sounded pissed off.

"So now, Anna..." Derek continued and stood up from the ground where he had sat "...we're going to make him hear you cry." He said with a lunatic smile on his face.

"Derek, what are you up to?" I asked "What are you going to do?"

He grinned. I swear, he is definitely not the guy I once dated. He had changed so much. He had gone completely mad.

He took something out of his pocket and flipped it with his fingers. When he came closer I saw it was a knife. "Just a little cut." He whispered in my ear. This sent chills all over my body.

Lee Min was just standing aside and watching. She had leaned on the wall and crossed her arms.
"Derek, bring me my phone. It's in the car."

"Get it yourself." He puffed.

She gave him a look to which he responded with an eye-roll and left.
After he got out of sight, Lee Min turned to me.
"I can't believe you've dated such an idiot." She began "He is not realising that he's just a tool I use to get what I want... I think even you know that."

"Crosses my mind." I admitted "What are you planning on doing later on?"

She smiled, stepped closer and came down to my level.
"That's not really your businesses but...let's say he will get the blame for everything and be arrested and I will live luxurious life with Ji Yong's money." She smiled again. "In two words: I won't get my hands dirty." She backed off.

I gulped. How can a human think this way.
"Why do you think you won't be arrested too? I can press charges against you. Also, Ji Yong won't let you live your luxurious life."

She laughed hysterically.
"I'm a good actress if you want to know. 'Oh, police officer, sir! He blackmailed me. I had no choice.'" She laughed again "This must answer your question and for Ji Yong... He can't do anything."

"What do you mean?" I asked "Of course, he can."

"Ok, I'll paraphrase - Ji Yong won't do anything because... because he loves you. He doesn't want you hurt or something."

The next moment Derek came back. He gave her a questioning look while handing her the phone.

Lee Min just shrugged. "Girl's talk." She said then unlocked her phone "Let's get started."

During the twenty seconds she did this I was breathing heavily and my heart was beating fast. After all, Ji Yong's phone was in my back pocket.