29. Trial

I sighed for the fourteenth time. My palms were sweating.
"Are you nervous?!" Ji Yong asked and received a deadpan look from me. He raised his hands in defence.

"Should I really go?! What if something goes wrong?" I said as I sat next to him.

We were in a court, waiting for Lee Min and Derek to be brought here.
"That can't happen. They are already sentenced to prison. This is all for the media."

He was looking lovingly in my eyes. "Don't worry." He touched my cheek and made a funny face. I laughed.

Half an hour later, dozens of reporters and journalists came to the place. Also, a car was being parked in front of the court building. Derek and Lee Min exited the car.

The were both handcuffed and escorted by police officers. Two for each of them.
They passed by us. Lee Min was looking somewhere in front of her. But Derek was different. His gaze was fixed on me from the moment he got out from the car. Anger but also regret could have been seen in his eyes.

Ji Yong noticed him staring at me and stood protectively before me. He had put on a stern face. He held my hand.

..........

We entered the court hall. Everyone took their rightful seats and waited for the judge to enter too.

He did that and looked through some documents after he had sat on his chair.

"So, Mr Derek Thompson and Ms Nam Lee Min are charged with the kidnapping of Ms Anna Stevens. Is that right?"

He turned to the jurymen and they answered with a 'yes'.

"On a previous investigation, it was ascertained that Ms Nam cooperated with Mr Thompson. By kidnapping Ms Stevens, Mr Thompson would revenge her for a past argument between the two, in particular, a broke-up. As for Ms Nam, she would used Ms Stevens to renew her relationship with the Mr Know Ji Yong, also known with his stage name G
-Dragon." The judge said with a serious voice. He turned to Derek and Lee Min "Was that what you were willing to do?"

Both of them had no intention of answering so the judge turned to me. "Well?"

"That is right." I said as calmly as I could. "She told me when I was still with them."

The next two hours passed mainly in checking up the already proved facts. The journalists and reporters were constantly clicking and flashing with their cameras. It got annoying at some point.

At the end of the trial Derek and Lee Min were escorted again by police officers out of the building and into a police car. They were sent to prison.

Me and Ji Yong tried to exit the court too. A bunch of journalists surrounded us and started asking questions.

"How did you meet each other?"
"Are you two good friends?"
"Kwon-ssi, how did you save her?"
"Are you two dating in secret?"
"Are you going to have a comeback soon?"

We were attacked with lots of questions. Some of them were related to the trial, some were not, some were about Ji Yong's career.

Ji Yong tried to get us out of the crowd but to no avail. He bent down and whispered in my ear.
"They are not going to leave us alone if I don't reveal something to them... Are you ok with you being known as my girlfriend?" I was hesitant for a second, but it would have happened sooner or later so I nodded. He let out a sigh and stood before me. His hand holding mine.

"Thank you, to all of you, for reporting this event. Anna is a good friend of mine and this happening to her was of a great shock for me. I am willing to do everything for the woman I love and being involved in a court trial is really nothing."

Immediately the crowd of people let out a roar.
"The woman you love?!"
"Are you two together?"
"How long have you been dating?"

"I'll make sure a press conference is being held in the near future. There you'll be able to ask all your questions."

This time, the two of us managed to get into the car that was waiting for us.
"That was tiring!" I said once we settled down.
He chuckled. "Yes, it was. But it's over now." He hugged me and kissed my forehead.

"My mom's going to be angry, though." He told me.
"Why would she?" I asked.
"She'll scold me for not telling her I have a girlfriend and her finding out about it on the news." Ji Yong explained. "Last time it happened..." His voice trailed off.

"What? What did she do?" I laughed at him. He had that drama-like face expression.

"Let's say she can be scary." He put my head on his shoulder "Let's go home now, shall we?"

"Yes."

......
I don't know. I don't have much inspiration lately. I don't know if I like this chapter myself let alone you.
Tell me, please. ×_×