20. Reasons

Anna's POV

"Revange?" I gulped as he sat in front of me with crossed legs.

"Yes, to revenge you." He smirked evilly "For embarrassing me in front of everyone five years ago. I hope you remember."

My mind immediately brought back the scene....

.....
I phoned Derek to tell him that I am going at the university in Korea I wanted to study in so eagerly as soon as I found out I'm accepted.
He picked up after several seconds.

"Hello, beauty." He said.
"Hey!" I replied with a smile. He always makes me smile "I have something to tell you."

"Really? Me too!... Listen, come to my house and then we will talk. Is that Ok?" Derek asked.
"Yep." I hung up and put on some appropriate clothes.

I went down the stairs and saw my parents. Dad was reading a book and mom was in the kitchen cooking something.
They still didn't know about me being accepted so I decided to tell them now.

"Mom, dad." They looked at me "I'm leaving for Korea in August. They accepted me in the university." I said with a huge grin on my face.

My dad stood up and gave me a tight hug. "That's amazing, dear." He said "I knew you could do it." He patted my back.

Mom hugged me, too, muttering a 'That's great'. She is cold to me since that accident happened, since my sister passed away. It's been two years now.

I thanked. "I have to go now. Derek is waiting for me, I have to tell him too."
My dad nodded and I left the house.

Derek's house was not so far away but it was still five minutes driving a car.
When I stopped in front of his home, I noticed the many cars parked there. As if there was a family meeting or something.

I entered and was greeted by a lot of smiling people and decorations and all. I found his mother and asked her where Derek was. She pointed to the living room and I went there.

Derek was dressed in a black tuxedo and a white shirt underneath.
"Woah, boy." I went to him "Is someone marrying here?"

"Hmm... may be." He simply said and then shouted. "Ok, everybody! Gather here!"

I looked at him confused, he returned my look with a wink. When, looks like, everybody was in the living room, Derek cleared his throat.

"So..." he began "I've been with Anna only for a year and a half but that's enough for me to understand that I want to be with her forever." He said to the crowd.

I was completely perplexed, shocked as hell. Then he turned and kneeled in front of me, pulling a small box out of his pocket. Is he really doing that?!

"Anna, will you marry me?"

He was smiling, waiting for my answer but I was just starring at him, at everyone.

"Oh, look at her! She is so happy she can't say a word." I heard his mother say.

"Wait." I finally spoke "What is all this, Derek? What's going on?"

"I want to marry you. I love you." He said "Are you.... are you turning me down?"

"No, I mean yes, I mean.... Just give me a second" I ran out of the house to breath in some fresh air.

"What the hell?!" I murmured to myself.

I may have stayed for around five minutes there when I sensed someone's presence. I turned around and saw Derek. He stood next to me now.

"Should I take this as a 'no'?" He asked coldly, his jaw tight.

I nodded slowly. "Look, Derek. I cannot marry you. I'm only twenty years old. I'm not ready for this kind of life... plus... I was accepted in a university... in Korea."

He stood silent, starring at me. I could see in his eyes that he felt betrayed. But there was something else, too. Anger. Fury.

"So, you came here to tell me we are breaking up."

"That's not what I mean, Derek. Don't be a kid and twist my words." I said annoyed.

"You don't mean it but I do... Goodbye, Anna."...

....

"Judging by your expression, you do still remember." Derek said "Good."

"You are insane. Why would you kidnap me when you were the one to end our relationship."

"YOU MADE ME LOOK LIKE A FOOL IN FRONT OF MY WHOLE FAMILY!!!" he shouted and took a fistful of my hair. "You left for Korea as if nothing happened. Do you know how much of a fun I have been made of, huh? All because of you. You humiliated me and now you are going to pay."

I couldn't believe my eyes. What had he turned into?! He has nothing to do with the guy I once knew.

"You've changed." I gulped "You have become insane."

"How dare you---"

"Leave her!!!" I heart a woman's voice and the sound of clicking heels on the floor.

A woman came out of the dusk. When I clearly saw her face, I immediately recognized her.

"You!" I half-whispered "Why are you here?"

"Isn't it obvious? We have the same interests." She smirked "By kidnapping you he revenges you and I revenge Ji Yong." She leaned on the wall, crossing her arms.

"He has fallen for you, I can tell." Lee Min stretched her left arm and inspected her nails "And you for him if I'm right... How pity you two, love birds, won't have the chance to be together." She looked at me superciliously And Then turned to Derek.

"Come." She said "We have something to discuss."

They both went outsie the building.

I put my back on the wall and sighed heavily. Some tears escaped from the corner of my eye.

"I'm sorry, Ji Yong. I'm so sorry." I whispered "I dragged you in something terrible."