Chapter 6 Part 1 Please Sign in Blood

Start from the beginning

The Officers and their Delta's grabbed their things and left in a flurry, trying to make it out of the room so they weren't left with a steaming Gia. She sat back down and leaned back in her chair giving the impression of calm and serene. No sign of the predatory animal that was in her tiny body a few seconds ago. There was a reason Gia was the Alpha's second and it wasn't because of her cute and charming demeanor.

John chuckled as the last wolf left, "You're a piece of work, Gia."

Gia closed her eyes, she probably should have been nicer, but she had been in meetings since 6AM. Since Charlie team returned from their special operation and gave them the news about the rogues. They were trying to keep things under wraps until Alpha Winters got back and was debriefed.

"I was wondering if you were able to go over the report on the new wereform armor we commissioned." John pushed his gold brown hair back and opened a file in front of him. He was five seats down from Gia, sitting in the same spot that he was in before they were dismissed.

"Are you trying to pull a one on one meeting with me? During my down time?"Gia asked her eyes still closed.

John grabbed the file and stood up walking down to the vacant chair on Gia's left. "Yes, since we didn't even get to discuss business before tweedle dee and tweedle dumb started banging heads."

Gia opened her eyes looking up at the ceiling and sighed, "If those two cannot play nice, I am going to have to start looking for new department heads."

John dropped the file in front of Gia as he sat in the chair next to her. "Or you can take them out to the training yard. Remind them why they need to behave." John smirked as Gia leaned forward in her chair and flipped the file open.

"The prototypes are already made?"

"Yep. I have them in my office. If you want to go try them on." Gia looked up at John who was grinning mischievously at her. John was one of her favorite wolves. He had dark skin with golden brown hair, and a long thin scar that ran from the top of his right eye across his nose and down the cheek. A tribute from his old pack, just like the scars on her.

She gave him a genuine smile and flipped through the file in front of her. They had been working and developing special armor for the pack and the final prototype was finished. Gia shook her head as she looked at the pictures of the new wereform armor.

"I heard Charlie team came in early this morning." John said nonchalantly, tapping his fingers on the table. "Any news?"

Gia glanced up at him keeping her features blank. That information was top secret until the Alpha deemed it otherwise. She remained silent, and went back to flipping through the last few pages in the file.

"Must be a secret." John said stretching his arms above his head.

"It's on a need to know basis." Gia said closing the file and sliding it back to him.

"I know, I know... So, can you sign off on the project?" John asked a smirk playing along his face.

"Only the Alpha has authority to sign on a project this big and expensive."

He rolled his eyes, "I know, but when will the Alpha have time to go through the file and test the prototype? Chris is ridiculously busy, especially with the huge influx of new pack members."

Gia's brow furrowed studying John, 'they were probably going to need to push this project to the front of the line, especially if the information the Charlie team brought them was true,' Gia thought to herself glancing back at the file.

"How many units can be made in a month?" Gia asked pulling the file back to her and flipping it open again.

John reached across and flipped a few pages to one that had big bold statistics. "In a month we can produce about a thousand units, if we start immediately." He pointed out the corresponding statistics.

'Not enough,' Gia thought to her wolf who seemed to pace back and fourth in her mind, 'It is not enough.'

"What if we use all resources?"

John's eyes grew wide and he blinked in shock, "You mean the whole factory?"

Gia nodded, looking back down at the other numbers on the page, not taking any of it in.

John's face scrunched up in concentration as he started to work the math out in his head. "In a month.... with the whole factory....at least 10,000. I would have to check with my officers but-"

"That is what I want you to do. Make another report with all the information on how much it would cost us to make 10,000 units in a month, have it ready by 1700 hours." She closed the file and pushed it back at him.

John blinked, looking stunned, he shook it off with an easy going smile. "So many. You would think we were going to war." Gia didn't look at him as he stood up with the file, walking towards the door.

He paused grabbing her chair and swiveling it to face him. Gripping the armrests he leaned in, "You seem very tense, Gia." Gia's eyes widened as John leaned forward and nuzzled his nose in the crook of her neck. He kissed up her neck to her ear whispering, "If you need to relieve that tension, you know where I am." He pulled away with a last nip at her ear, and left the conference room.

Gia released the breath that she was holding. It was true that both her and John were not mated, and she had indulged in some activities with him before, specifically for stress relief. She then wondered if the worry was plain on her face or if it was just that John could see it better than others.

She shook it off. Even though the thought of getting all tangled up sounded wonderful, there were more pressing matters. 

*Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment! I love constructive criticism, however if it becomes mean I will take you down.*

-LostArrow-