46 - I Promise / 47 - The Doctor's Story / 48 - Meeting The Ailani's

Start from the beginning

"Here we are!" I announced as we approached the remains of the ancient town. I performed a forwrd flip to kill some of our increased falling momentum and tensed my legs as I crashed into the aged concrete. I dug my feet down as my speed caused me to skid across the ground, eventually coming to a stop.

"Look for a hospital or clinic. The place is deserted so you have to find it yourself," Evie informed me.

"I- I see," I responded.

"Who is out there?" an unfamiliar voice called out to us.

I jerked my head and quickly scanned the individual stood before us. The woman who looked to be in her early thirties stared at us with suspicious eyes that peered through the sleek lens of her glasses. Her straight, black drooped to the point where it met her visible cleavage from an ample bust.

"We need a hospital! Or some type of medicine!" I shouted.

"A hospital? This place has been abandoned for forever now. You won't find anything useful her. Just go on your way," she said waving us away with her hand.

"Even so! I have to check!" I exclaimed.

She looked at me curiously asking, "Why? What happened?"

As she approached us cautiously I began to explain, "She was stung by a-"

"Tiger Wasp. And a very large one at that," the woman finished my sentence as she noticed the blue black marking spreading across Evie's body, "Follow me you two."

We were led to a more remote part of the town and then into a small inn that I guessed had been consistantly refurbished and upkept due to its far superior appearance compared to the neighbouring buildings.

"I'll need some of the venom first of all to make an antivenom," the woman announced once she closed the door.

"H-here," Evie said reaching for a small jar on her hips. I hadn't noticed before but inside a feisty creature zipped around; it's scarlet body making its species apparent.

"This is perfect!" the woman stated excitedly as she grabbed the container, "You should go take a hot shower. It will ease the itching and pain from the sting."

* * * *

"Hey Xyder, you don't have to wait out there you know," Evie sighed as she continued to pour the warm water on her aching body.

"Of course I have to. What if something happens to you and I'm not there to help you?" I replied.

"Help me? Oh my, look at you all grown up. And just a few days ago I was still hugging you and telling you it was alright while you were bawling your eyes out," she said cheekily.

"Maybe so. But that was then. I realised that I couldn't stay like that forever. After you made me see that I think I was able to become so much happier. Thank you Evie. But look how I've gone and repaid you," I laughed half heartedly.

"What do you mean how you repaid me?" she inquired.

"This. This pain and struggle you're going through is all my fault. If I hadn't blown you off and I came along from the beginning, none of this would have ever happened. I'm horrible," I murmered.