1. Welcome To OSU

Start from the beginning

"Marketing" I said then I look at him. "You?"

"Medicine" he says, oh lord. He's handsome and smart.

"Wow, that's amazing" I smile at him.

"And lots of hard work" he says stopping and looking at me. "This is the English department" he points to a building with an Ohio State logo on it. "You go straight down this hallway then make a left and you will find your classroom."

"Thank you" I said walking over to the door.

"See you around freshmen" I hear him call out. When I got to the class, I sat all the way in the back. Right away Professor Hayes gave us assignments and I had a paper due at the end of the week over Shakespeare. I met this really funny guy in my class named Carson who was great company to have and he was a cheerleader here at OSU. After class, I walk back to my dorm because I didn't have another class until later. When I got back to my dorm, it was empty. I grabbed a water and apple and laid on bed till my next class which started at 1:30pm and it was math. After math class, I had to run back to my dorm or I was going to be late for first day of practice.

"Hey girl" someone said as I made my way to the dorm doors. I look over and see Carson in his cheer uniform.

"You look good" I said laughing and he poses and I laugh more. "Here follow me up to my dorm, I need to get change". When we get upstairs Jamie was in her soccer shorts, pads and socks. She wore a blue sports bra and was packing her soccer bag.

"Wow! Neat cheer uniform" Jamie said.

"Darling I try. They want us to come in with the uniforms on today to take pictures" he says. I change into my basketball shorts and a red sports bra with my Nike socks as Jaime and Carson introduced their self. "Vanessa, you already have basketball practice?" he asked.

"Tell me about it" I say putting my hair up in a bun.

"Damn, OSU does not play" Carson says. I agree. When we left, Carson and Jamie walked opposite directions from me. Carson was going to the football field and Jamie was going to the soccer field and they were right next to each other. I walk over to the gymnasium all alone. I walk into the locker room and a bunch of girls were talking and getting changed. I look over at girls giggling and it looked like everyone knew each other.

"You Harrison?" someone asked and I look to see this mixed girl, with pretty blonde curls staring at me.

"Yea?" I said hesitant and she smiles.

"Your post is next to mine" she said and walked me to the bench and above it read my name.

"This is so sweet" I said putting my stuff down. I ran my hand over my name and smiled. This isn't a dream, I'm actually playing women's basketball at Ohio State University.

"So you're the new freshmen?" someone says and I turn to see this tan girl with brown hair pulled back in a tight ponytail. She folds her arms and stares at me waiting for me to respond.

"Am I the only new freshmen on the team?" I say laughing.

"More like you are the only new recruit on the team" she said and I look around. Really? "I'm Heather, and this is Bianca" Heather says pointing to the blonde curly hair next to me and she smiles.

"Hi, I'm Vanessa"

"Yea we know, you should thank Bianca for getting you on the team" Heather says walking away.

"What?" I asked looking over at Bianca.

"I came with our assistant coach to scope you out at one of your games" Bianca says and I smile.