Wouldn't It Be Nice? | Christan Arroyo

(Thank you to -baseball for this idea!)

Christian was one of those who wanted to be married and have a big family. Yes, it might sound girly, but he didn't care.

Once he met Karina, his fantasy was starting to grow into a reality. He wanted nothing more than to ask her to marry him.

Christian was just unsure of what she would say and the fear of losing Karina was too much to handle.

"Babe, how would you feel about getting married?" Christian said with a goofy smile, for what seemed to be like the millionth time that week.

"Christian, baby. I told you, I'm not sure if I'm ready for marriage. I'm only twenty two. As are you. Don't you think we should wait and enjoy life as it is for a bit?" Karina ran her fingers through his hair as he sighed and surfed through tv channels.

Say Yes to the Dress just so happened to come on, which made Christian break a little more.

Truth is, Karina did want to marry him. She just wasn't sure if he was doing it because he knew she wanted to in the past. She wanted him to be ready and not feel tied down.

Being a guy, who knows what kind of crazy ideas were flowing through his head. He could want to marry her this week then dump her the next.

The following week there was a charity event going on for cancer research being held in San Francisco. The team decided to go and bring their girls (if they had one) to the event. Karina was ill, so she couldn't attend. Christian, however, got to talking with some of the teams wives.

"So has Karina mentioned wanting to get married or anything? I was thinking of proposing, I'm just not sure if she wants to." Christian asked Ali, Madison Bumgarner's wife.

"She does." Ali nodded, giving him a smile, "she just feels as if you're being forced to do so or something."

Christian shook his head, shocked, "I would never. I love her with all my heart. I even asked Karina's dad for her hand in marriage. Oh.." he pulled a beautiful diamond ring out of his suit pocket, "here it is. I've just been waiting."

Weeks rolled by and Christian stopped asking Karina her opinions on marrying him. She thought he had finally come to realization that he wasn't ready. But, that was far from true. So that night, at the Dodgers v Giants game, Christian was going to propose.

The Giants won the game, which even shocked Karina. Not that she doubted her boyfriend's team, but they weren't doing well. Until he hit the homerun that tied the game, allowing an extra inning for them to get the chance to win.

Before interviews, Christian grabbed a nearby mic, "Karina, if you could please come down here babe." He said anxiously while chewing on his bottom lip. Karina walked down, a grin on her face, "what's up?"

As the Friday Night Fireworks went off, Christian got down on one knee, "baby, we've known each other since high school and ever since then I knew you were the one for me. We both have grown up together and I'm so excited to see what the future has in store. Now, i know you said you weren't ready yet. But, I know you'll say yes anyway." He said with a cocky smirk, "but baby, will you marry me?" Christian's smirk turned into a smile as Karina said yes more times than you can count.

"Of course I will! I love you!" She gave him a sweet kiss, as the crowd cheered, despite being filled with dodger fans. How couldn't they cheer at a sweet moment like that?

"I love you more, my queen."

(I know the Dodgers won last night, therefore making some things in this untrue. And I believe I saw he got sent back down at but hey it's an imagine after all!(; )