Chapter 5

"What?" Alli said. She seemed as shocked as me. 

"Alli, I honestly don't know. Cody is sweet and every thing, but what if we do get together and we break up, I just couldn't do that to Cody, he's too kind." I said.

"Look I get that but it took a lot of courage for Cody to tell you how he felt and Jake told  me he is just locked up in his room playing his guitar and writing songs. He never normally does that when we come back to Australia, no he goes out surfs hangs out with the groms, but this time, he hasn't." Alli said and it seemed as if she was going to get her point across to me no matter what.

"He told me he's scared or rejection." I said very slowly thinking. 

"Exactly, now you're still going to have to face him whether you say yes or no, you can't hide from him forever." Alli said

"I know I can't, it's just happening all too fast, I mean you guys have only been here for three days and he's  already asked me." I said and I saw that Alli was busy on her phone. "You're not even listening to me Alli. It's hard." I said on the verge of tears. "I would love to say yes, but I can't hurt Cody or let him hurt me. I just can't do it Alli, I just can't. How would you feel if Jake asked you out? Huh, would you risk your friendship?." I said with tears dripping down my cheeks.

I ran out of the room I didn't know where to go except from the beach. 

CODY'S POV

Alli had told me what had happened. She told me to keep an eye out because if Sophie was heading for the beach, she'd have to walk straight past Jake's house. I had read the text Alli had sent me. It said. 

Cody this is serious, do not ignore me text me back right away when you get this. Sophie and I had a little fall out. She just left her house with tears running down her face. From the way she was walking, I think she's headed for the beach. Please find her and talk to her, she's so upset and she doesn't know what to say to you anymore. She said she doesn't know what to do and how would I feel if Jake had asked me out, would I want to wreck my friendship with him and I think that's what she's concerned about, please go find her. 

I text Alli back straight away and told her I was going to find her no matter what. 

It was poring with rain but I didn't care. I was going to stand and wait and if I saw her I would talk to her. Jake told me to come in but I refused. 

He went back inside and as soon as he did, I saw Sophie, still in her shorts and t-shirt from this morning, she looked freezing, I waited until she was a little ahead of me before I started walking behind her, it reminded me of the Not Just You video only this time I hoped she would stay. 

I followed her all the way to the beach where she sat on the wet sand and was looking down at the sand playing with her fingers. 

I took a deep breath and took off my coat. I handed it to Sophie whilst saying "Here Angel, you look cold."

She turned around to look at me and shook her head. "Please, for me, you need it more than I do." I placed it around her shoulders and sat down beside her. 

I didn't have to say anything before she started crying and I pulled her closer and put my arm around her, I told her "I'm sorry Angel."