Commotion

For the next week, Freddie sat at your bedside every chance he could.  He figured if he spent a lot of time with you, he could somehow jar your memory. But so far, it wasn't working, and he was becoming discouraged.

Anyway, your impression of him was now tainted, thanks to Brian telling you the truth about your relationship with him. Maybe the fact you had amnesia was a blessing in disguise...

At the end of the week the doctor came in to tell you the good news:

"I'm glad you're all here," he said to Brian, John, Freddie, Roger, and David. "I've got great news. She's well enough to continue healing at home."

It was indeed great news. But where exactly was home?

"Of course, she'll be coming back to Garden Lodge," Freddie said quickly.

Brian glanced at you sharply, which David didn't miss. What had that fucker been telling you?

"Right, darling?" Freddie asked you eagerly after you didn't respond. "You do want to come stay at my place, don't you? It's very beautiful and quite peaceful.  You always loved it there. There's a koi pond and everything."

"I...I don't know..." you said meekly.  You found Freddie to be quite intimidating in so many ways, and you found it difficult to meet his eyes.

"Being there will bring back memories, I'm sure of it," Freddie said.  "We had some incredible times there."

But Jesus, did you really want to remember all those painful memories?  For what?

Sensing your discomfort, David said you were also welcomed to stay at his country estate if you preferred.

Freddie looked at him questioningly.

"It's just an option," David explained.

"You should let her decide where she wants to go,"  Brian said.

No one said anything, but everyone couldn't help noticing Brian looked like shit.  Perhaps his baby was keeping him up at night.

You could feel Freddie's dark eyes probing into your soul, expecting an answer.

"Well darling?" Freddie asked impatiently.  

Both Freddie and David held their breath as they waited for you to decide.

 You were torn.  They had both made very kind and generous offers.  But you hated having to make such a decision with them staring at you like that. 

Noticing how stressed you looked, Roger suggested they all leave and give you some time to think.

Outside in the hallway, Freddie just had to say something about Brian's appearance.

"Damn Brian," he said, "You look like hell."

"Yeah, because of him," Brian pointed a shaky finger at David.

"Wait, what?" Freddie asked in confusion.

"I have nothing to do with this," David said defensively.

"What the fuck is going on here?" Freddie demanded.

"He has feelings for your girl!" Brian exclaimed.  "Are you blind?"

"Is it true?" Freddie asked David.  "You have feelings for her?  Is that why you offered to let her  stay at your place?"

"No, of course not!" David denied.  "You can't believe what Brian says, he's off his meds!"

Freddie turned to Brian.

"Brian?"

"He told Ava I was off my meds, and she kicked me out of the house!" Brian screeched.

"I didn't say a fucking thing to her, you whiny bastard!"  David spat.  "She could tell just by looking at you."

Brian rushed at David, but Roger quickly blocked him.

"Why didn't you tell me Brian was off his meds?" Freddie asked David accusingly.

"I'm sorry," David apologized, "But I thought you already had enough to deal with."

You couldn't make out any words, but you could hear the commotion going on outside your room.  This was exactly the kind of drama you didn't need in your life right now.

A short time later, you asked a nurse to bring David and Freddie back into your room.

You'd already made your decision on where you wanted to live.  There was no doubt in your mind...