Friends Forever

In his confusion, Roger once again sought comfort in Freddie's arms, and Freddie welcomed him.  Here, Roger felt safe and protected from the outside world.

But being so close to Roger it was inevitable that Freddie would get turned on, and he could feel himself getting hard despite himself.  Roger felt it too, and he pulled away, although reluctantly.  And now he found himself beginning to drown in Freddie's exotic, velvety dark eyes.  He saw the desire there, and it both frightened and thrilled him at the same time.

"Freddie..." Roger pleaded, "Don't look at me that way..."

"What way, blondie?" Freddie said playfully, raising one eyebrow.

"You know what way--like you want to fuck me," Roger replied.

"Oh, but I do want to fuck you, darling..."  Freddie said provocatively. 

"Stop, Freddie," Roger said.  "It's too much..."

"Am I making you nervous, dear?"  Freddie asked mischievously.

Roger didn't answer.  Freddie knew damn well he was making Roger nervous...and also enticing him...

Freddie focused on Roger's pouty bottom lip, and Roger closed his eyes, both encouraging and also fearing Freddie's kiss.  He feared it because once he felt those lips on his, he would be lost in the pleasure, and there would be no turning back.  He felt Freddie's mouth move closer to his. Time seemed to stand still.

Roger's lips trembled in anticipation for the kiss he was hungry for.

But it never came...

"We can't do this, can we..." Freddie said, backing away.

"...You're right..." Roger said breathlessly.  "We can't..."

Freddie nodded sadly.  His boy had grown up, and he was so proud of the man he'd become.

"I wrote a song about you while we were apart," Freddie said.  "But I've decided not to put it on the album."

"Oh?" Roger said curiously.  Just hearing that Freddie had written something about him made his heart soar. "Why aren't you going to include it on the album?"

"Well...I just don't think it would be right," Freddie said introspectively, "It's called 'It's So You.' Why don't you come listen to it?"

Roger followed him into the control room, and Freddie placed the headphones onto Roger's head. Roger listened as Freddie's searing vocals came through the headphones:

It's so you
You're the one that's burnin' me upside down, and up
It's so you
You're the one runnin' hot and cold, then not showing up
It's so you, it's so you, it's so you

It's all part of growin' up, yeah
Being misinformed (yeah)
And clear the thoughts I fancy something new
It's so you, confused
So you

You're the one that's been letting me down
All this time babe
It's so you
I won't forget those days, that's done
You let me down (I know it's so you)
When my nerves are breaking down (and let you down)
And have bells that are ringing out

Yes it's time for me to move
(I'd better move out babe)
I'm confused (tell me about it), and that's you, yeah
Yeah yeah hey
That's the way you are, that's you

Know it's true, yeah, hey
It's a part of growing up
Being misinformed and playing cynical

That's time for, time for me to move
Yeah, that's so you
That's only you, yeah, just you yeah hey hey hey
There's nothing I can do
Only you...

Roger felt a little uncomfortable after hearing those lyrics, but he said, "My God, your voice sounds incredible," 

"Thank you, Roger," Freddie said sincerely.  "I admit I was feeling very bitter at the time.  But you're not the only one who has done some growing up."

Roger smiled tenderly.  They'd come a long way, through all the ups and downs.

"I hope you know how special you are, baby," Freddie said softly.  "You're irreplaceable, and I don't want any other drummer working on this album.  There's no one like you."

Tears shone in Roger's eyes upon hearing Freddie's words.  They had a bond that could never be broken.  He knew that even if their lives turned to shit, they would at least still have each other. They would be friends forever, and that fact alone gave him comfort like nothing else.

"Do you think I can do some back-up vocals on some of the songs?" Roger asked hopefully.

This wasn't something Freddie had planned on or even wanted, but what could he say?  If it made Roger happy, then he would indulge the blond.

"I wouldn't have it any other way," Freddie lied as he caressed Roger's cheek.

A few hours later, Freddie suggested they go to dinner.

"You too, John," Freddie insisted.

John wasn't sure he even wanted to go, as he'd rather have dinner with Freddie alone.  On the other hand, if he went, that would prevent the two of them from jumping each other's bones instead of eating.  He knew that if the two of them were alone together for any length of time, they would end up naked.  So like a proper chaperone, he agreed to go.  He wanted to protect Freddie from being hurt once again by the fickle drummer.  Of course, his motives weren't completely altruistic.  He didn't want that slutty blond to get any more action from Freddie than he'd already had.

No sooner had they settled into their table at the restaurant when Freddie felt someone watching him from across the room.

"Oh shit..." he muttered.

Ava.

And she wasn't alone...