Night Out

Meanwhile, Ava was admiring her own new engagement ring. She had convinced Brian to buy her the biggest, most expensive one she could find. It hadn't been difficult, because his new meds made him agreeable to most things. But it was still hard to get him to go out to dinner, and Ava was bored to death just eating at home all the time.

" Brian, let's go out to eat tonight," Ava said. She wanted to go out and show her new ring off.

"No, you know I don't feel comfortable doing that," he argued.

"Come on, Brian," Ava pleaded. "You're going to have to do it sooner or later."

"I don't want anyone looking at me."

"You're being ridiculous! You've got to get over it."

"I'm too ugly," Brian whined.

"There's a ton of ugly people out there, Brian," Ava said.

"So then you agree I'm ugly," he sulked.

"Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said that. Come on, you look fine."

"Fine isn't good enough," Brian said dejectedly. "I want to be handsome."

"Jesus," Ava rolled her eyes. She was going to have to do something.

"Brian, be reasonable," Ava said. "You can't just sit around moping and feeling sorry for yourself all the time. Besides, no one will be looking at you, they'll be looking at my huge belly."

Brian looked at Ava's ever-expanding stomach, and his face softened. He knew in her way she was trying to help him.

"All right," he finally agreed.

"That's better," Ava said approvingly. "Now let's get you cleaned up. Go take a shower, and I'll do your hair."

After he showered, Ava applied a smoothing cream to his hair, and painstakingly combed through his curls. Then she carefully blow-dried his hair, careful not to create any extra frizz. When she was done, even Brian had admit he looked pretty good.

"Now all you need is a suit," Ava said.

She went into his closet and selected a black suit with a red tie. After he was dressed, Brian came out and presented himself for her approval.

"Now you're handsome," she said, and gave him a kiss.

"Thanks," Brian said. "I do feel better."

When Brian and Ava walked into Mastro's restaurant, they caused quite a stir.  Ava knew Brian was taking a big step, and she hoped it wasn't too much for him.

However, she needn't have worried, because he seemed to be enjoying all the attention. With his hair done and his suit on, he was feeling a lot more confident. This was what he had been missing--all this attention from people. It was a real ego boost, and he signed autographs and even let some people photograph him.

Brian had really perked up, and he was loving the limelight.  Maybe Ava would even get lucky, and he would finally be in the mood for some sex when they got home.  They were having a lovely time together.

That is, until a certain couple entered the restaurant...

Ava noticed Roger first, and then she saw you on his arm.  You both looked so happy, and Ava couldn't help but notice how hot and sexy Roger looked.   Her eyes narrowed as she watched the two of you.

Shit.  She couldn't let Brian see.  Who knows what he would do?  Of all the restaurants in L.A., you and Roger had to walk into this one...