Ava's Announcement

Ava's words rang in your ears:

"I'm pregnant..."

The glass of wine you were holding slipped right through your fingers, crashing to the floor, and everyone turned to stare.

You didn't know what to say or where to turn...and so you just ran blindly from the room.  There was no way you could remain cool and calm under these circumstances.  No way in hell.  You felt like the world's biggest fool, and both Brian and Ava were loving every second of your humiliation.

"Was it something I said?" Ava shrugged, feigning innocence.

But she knew damn well what she was doing...

Brian found a quiet moment to talk to Ava alone.

"That was really brilliant, Ava," Brian praised. "A great performance. Would you care to join me for a drink after the show?"

"No, I don't want to go for a drink.  Did you not hear what I just said?" Ava snapped. "I'm pregnant you idiot!"

"What?" Brian said, dumbstruck. "I thought you were just making that up..."

"No, you retard, I actually am pregnant," she said, rolling her eyes and walking away.

*************************************

Roger had slipped out of the lounge, and was making his way toward Freddie's dressing room. He couldn't go onstage the way things were between him and Freddie. They had never done a show angry with each other before, and Roger couldn't imagine doing one now. He missed Freddie. With all that he'd lost, he desperately needed his friend back.

Freddie sat at the makeup mirror, staring at his face. He still looked good, but he could feel he was getting older. The stress he had been under was wearing him out. But soon, all that would be over--he just had to get through tonight. He supposed everyone would be wondering where he was, and why he wasn't socializing with everyone in the lounge, but he didn't give a fuck. Let them think I'm a diva, he said to himself, I don't care anymore. He took a swig of vodka, and heard someone knocking on the door.

"Fuck off," he snarled. "Leave me alone."

"Freddie..." came a tiny voice, "It's me..."

"Roger?" Freddie's heart skipped a beat.

"Can I come in?" Roger asked tentatively.

Freddie jumped up and opened the door slowly. He wasn't sure what to expect from Roger. But when he opened the door, he saw the tears welling in the drummer's big blue eyes.

"Oh Freddie..." Roger's voice cracked with emotion.

"Roger..." Freddie said, as he wrapped the blond up in his arms.

Freddie closed the door, and they just held each other in silence.  After several moments, Freddie led Roger over to the couch.

"Oh Freddie," Roger sighed sadly.  "I've missed you so much.  I couldn't go onstage without talking to you first..."

"I've missed you too, baby," Freddie said, stroking the blond's soft cheek.  "Have you been taking care of yourself?  You look a little pale..."

"I don't know,"  Roger shrugged shyly.  He loved it when Freddie showed concern.  It had always made him feel really special.

"Have you heard from Debbie at all?" Freddie asked cautiously.

"No..." Roger said woefully.

"I'm so sorry about everything that happened, Roger,"  Freddie said sincerely. "I know it's all my fault."

"Don't say that," Roger admonished. "Brian is the one who's responsible for everything.  And I know he's the real reason why you're leaving the band."

"I'm sorry, Roger, I just can't take his shit anymore..." Freddie said, looking down in sorrow.  "I hope you understand..."

"I do..." Roger said sympathetically.  "But it still makes me sad."

"Me too, darling, believe me," Freddie said.  "It doesn't have to be the end for you guys though.  You could always find another singer."

"Yeah right," Roger said.  "There's no one like you, Freddie.  I wouldn't want to do any of this with anyone else."

Roger's little pink lips looked so inviting and enticing, and Freddie's eyes lingered a little too long on them.  He knew of their softness...their sweetness...and the temptation to kiss them was so overwhelming...

Roger was well aware of Freddie's lingering glance and what it meant.  He knew Freddie too well.

"Kiss me..." Roger whispered suddenly.