Oh Shit

You looked nervously at the body lying next to you, wondering who it was.  But he was completely covered by the blankets. You tried in vain to remember what had happened last night, but your mind was blank. The last thing you remembered, you were at the pub...

You glanced around furtively for your clothing, noticing it was crumpled up on the floor. You had to somehow get dressed and run out of there before whoever was next to you woke up.

But just as you were about to slip out of bed, he turned over and opened his eyes, looking at you.

"What the..." he mumbled, rubbing his eyes.

Oh. My. Fucking. God...

You were utterly mortified.

It was your boss. David...

You sank back down under the covers to hide your nudity.

"Oh God," you said, covering your face with your hands.  What had you done?

David glanced down at his own body under the covers, noticing he was naked too.

"Did we..." he said nervously.

"I don't know..." you said, your voice barely audible. "I can't remember anything..."

"Jesus," David said, raking his hand through his hair.

He sat up, trying to remember the events of the evening. All he could remember were bits and pieces.

"I remember having a huge fight with my girlfriend after you left the office, and then I remember going into that pub on the corner. I guess you were there as well. Yes, now I remember, you were there and you were really upset..."

"Right, I was upset about that article about Roger's wedding," you croaked.

"I guess we both had too much to drink and somehow ended up here," David said.

"God, I'm so embarrassed," you said. "I've never done anything like this before, I swear."

"Believe me, I have no right to judge," he smirked.

Slowly, bits and pieces of the evening were coming back to you. You remembered taking shots with David, and crying on his shoulder. Then you remembered dancing with him and things getting a little hot and heavy.

"It's my fault, I'm sorry," David apologized. "I should have taken you to your own flat, and tucked you safely into your own bed. I feel like I took advantage of you."

"We're both equally to blame," you said.  "We were both upset and drunk."

Your biggest fear was that this would affect your working relationship.  Your job was the one thing going right in your life.

"Let's just pretend it didn't happen and never speak of it again," David said. "Not that it wasn't great, because it was. Or at least what I can remember was."

"Good idea," you agreed.

An awkward silence ensued, as neither of you knew what to say or do next. You were just glad you hadn't gone home with some creep.  

But now that you were fully awake, those pictures of Freddie at Roger's wedding came flooding back into your mind.  You were suffering from two blows really, not just not one.  Seeing your ex fiance getting married, and seeing the love of your life with a girl who resembled you so much when you were younger...dancing with her...kissing her...

No amount of sex or alcohol could take that kind of pain away.

"You can get dressed, I won't look," David said, interrupting your thoughts.

True to his word, he turned away to give you some privacy.

Just as you were about to get out of bed, you both heard someone enter the flat.

"Shit!" David swore. "That's my girlfriend. She's the only one with a key."

You'd never been so frightened in your life, and you shivered in fear.

"Just wait here and be really quiet," David said as he slipped on a robe.

But it was too late. She was already opening the bedroom door...

She gasped and turned pale as a sheet when she saw the two of you in bed together.b

"David!" she exclaimed. "I came to apologize for yesterday, and I find you in bed with your assistant?"

You wanted to die...