Bizarre Brian

Once at the restaurant, the maitre d'  immediately led you to the most private table in the place.  That was just one of the perks of being with someone like Brian.  No doubt the other patrons had made reservations weeks in advance, but Brian didn't have to.   A bottle of champagne was already chilling in a bucket on the table.

Brian pulled out your chair for you like a true gentleman, then settled into the chair opposite you. You glanced at the menu, shocked by the outrageous prices. It was certainly the most expensive restaurant you'd ever been to.

Brian smiled sweetly and took your hand in his.

"Thank you for coming out with me tonight," he said softly as the candlelight flickered in his eyes.

"Thank you for asking," you said graciously. "This place is amazing."

He poured champagne for the both of you, then raised his glass.

"Here's to a beautiful evening with a beautiful woman," he said grandly.

You clinked your glasses, and you took a tiny sip of the champagne, blushing a little.  You needed to keep your wits about you and not let the alcohol go to your head. You didn't want to end up in Brian's bed again.  You needed to let him know in no uncertain terms that there would be no repeat of the other night.  But how to do it without sounding unkind or ungrateful?

Roger and Freddie had gone home to their own apartments to change clothes before meeting at the restaurant. Roger arrived earlier than Freddie, as his apartment was closer, so he wasn't surprised Freddie wasn't there yet.  As he was led to their table, his eyes casually scanned the crowd and something, or rather, someone  caught his eye. Shit,  Brian's here, he said under his breath.  Should I go ask him to join us?  No, he thought to himself, I'd rather have time alone with Freddie.  Brian was always such a killjoy. It was then that he noticed Brian  was sitting with a woman. He couldn't tell who his date was, as he could only see the back of her head, but whoever she was, Brian seemed like he was really into her. Well, good for him, Roger thought.  Maybe if Brian gets laid, he won't be so uptight and he'll be easier to work with.

He watched them discreetly as the woman got up to visit the powder room, and his eyes widened in surprise.  That wasn't just any woman...that was his and Freddie's ex--the woman who had been at the center of all that drama so many years ago. But what the fuck was she doing here with Brian?

Suddenly, Brian looked up from his menu and caught Roger's eye.  He got up quickly from the table and began walking quickly toward Roger's table.  The expression on his face was cold as stone, and it frightened Roger.  He had no idea what he was in for...

"Get up," Brian demanded as he reached the table.

"What?"  Roger said, confused by Brian's behavior.  "Why?  I'm waiting for Freddie..."

  "We need to talk," Brian replied.  His behavior was bizarre.

"So talk," Roger said, folding his arms defiantly.  He wasn't about to let Brian tell him what to do.

"I said get up," Brian said through tight lips.  "Now."