Roger's News

Roger stood out on the patio, still in shock over Brian's words. He looked down the street for Freddie, hoping he would get there soon. Once Freddie was there, he would feel safe. As he caught sight of Freddie's limo, he sighed with relief. Freddie would make everything ok...

Maybe I should tell him about Brian's threats, he thought.  He would know what to do--he always did.  But the thing was, Roger's fiancee was flying into town the day after tomorrow, and it was just too risky.   Freddie would never allow Brian to threaten Roger like that, and he was sure to confront Brian about it.  Then there would be nothing stopping Brian from telling his fiancee.  Plus, lately it seemed as though Freddie had troubles of his own these days, and maybe he shouldn't concern him with his problems. Maybe he should stop depending on Freddie so much and learn to deal with things like this on his own for a change...

So right then, Roger decided to not say a word about it to anyone--especially Freddie.

Freddie got out of the limo, looking concerned.

"Why aren't you inside, darling?" he asked.

"You know what," Roger said. "I've changed my mind. I don't really want to eat here. Let's go somewhere else."

"What, really?" Freddie sounded surprised. "Isn't this your favorite place?"

"I'm just not in the mood," Roger pouted. He knew Freddie wouldn't argue once he saw his little pout.

"Ok, baby," Freddie said. "I know a quiet little place a couple doors down."

Roger nodded. Freddie put his arm around the blond protectively, and Roger clung to him as they walked down the street together.

As they settled into their booth at the restaurant, Roger scooted closer to Freddie. His encounter with Brian had really left him unnerved, and being close to Freddie made him feel more secure.

They ordered drinks and dinner, but both of them barely touched their meals.

Roger was acting very fidgety and nervous, and Freddie couldn't help but wonder why.

"Is everything all right, Roger?" he asked worriedly. 

"Hmm?" Roger asked.

His thoughts were still on that conversation with Brian. Well, it wasn't really a conversation, was it. It was more like Brian barking out orders, and telling him he would destroy his life if he didn't do as told.

"Roger," Freddie said, waiving his hand in front of Roger's face, "Where are you?"

"Oh," Roger laughed a little, trying to lighten-up. "I guess I'm just anxious because my fiancee is coming on Wednesday."

Freddie was taken aback. This was the first he'd heard of it.

"...And you're telling me this now?"  Freddie asked incredulously.

"Didn't I mention it before?" Roger asked.

"You definitely did not," Freddie said, more than a little upset. It was amazing how inconsiderate Roger could be.

"Oh," Roger said vaguely. "I thought I did..."

Freddie rolled his eyes. "Don't you think that's something I might want to know about?" Roger was such an airhead.

"Sorry..." Roger shrugged like a child.

Freddie sighed in frustration and paid the tab. "Well, let's get going."

"Are you mad?" Roger asked.

"What do you think?" Freddie said bitterly.

At this point, Freddie just wanted to go home. He got up from the table and made his way to the exit with Roger close on his heels.

Once outside, Roger said, "Can we go back to your place?"

Freddie turned toward Roger angrily. "Seriously?"

"We don't have to fuck," Roger said. "You know, we could just hang out."

"Yeah, right," Freddie said sarcastically.

"Freddie...please..." Roger said in a small voice.

"No, Roger,"  Freddie said firmly.  "Go home."

Roger watched as Freddie walked up the street, hoping he would have a change of heart and turn around.  But Freddie just got into his limo without even hesitating, and Roger's eyes filled with tears as he watched him drive off into the darkness.  The sidewalk was packed with pedestrians, but Roger had never felt more alone in his life...