Chapter 2 Rogue It Away

Start from the beginning

Ian stopped pacing and leaned back against the wall trying to control his impatience and irritation with being left outside of the office. Suddenly he felt a hard bang vibrate through the wall. Like something was thrown. Ian stood up straight as the door flung open and Terrant stormed out of the room, a furious glow in his dark eyes. With his dark hair and skin he looked like an avenging angel about to serve justice. Ian looked through the door before it closed and saw Terrants Father looking annoyed and angry. The previous Alpha shared his black hair and almond shaped eyes with his son, the rest of Terrant's features, dark tan skin, high cheek bones  and full lips were from his mothers Hispanic side.  Ian turned and followed the angry Terrant out of the house and down the street.

It was almost dark by the time they reached the office in the pack house. Terrant was still upset but had calmed down considerably from the walk. He was muttering under his breath as he sat in his chair and pulled out his phone.

Ian stood before Terrant's desk trying to not look frustrated. Terrant was so absorbed in his muttering that he didn't realize Ian was still with him. Ian grunted with no effect; he rolled his eyes and said, "Are you going to talk to me about our next plan of action or do you want to keep me in the dark?"

Terrant finally looked up, surprised to find Ian there. He shook his head and sighed. "Sorry Ian. I didn't mean to leave you out of the meeting but I thought I could talk sense into him." He tapped his phone and put it to his ear.

"Sense about what?"

Terrant held up his finger to have Ian wait. "Yes, Joseph?... I have information that is very important..... We need to meet.....It is too sensitive to send that way.... Tomorrow that is fine..... See you then. Bye." Terrant hung up and pulled out the key board for the computer and began typing.

"Terrant?" Ian said as Terrant continued typing, "Terrant!"

Terrant looked back up in shock, "I'm sorry. Yes? What was your question?"

Ian almost laughed from the apologetic look on Terrant's face. "All the females in our pack would love to be your mate, but really none of them would if they knew your truly annoying flaw of ignoring everyone when you are stuck on a problem. You go away into yourself until you can solve it, without explanation to anyone, even your Beta."

Terrant grimaced as he leaned back in his chair focusing his entire, intense, attention on Ian. "So you understand what the information in the folder means. Right?"

Ian sat down in a chair across from Terrant, happy that he was going to, finally, get some answers. "Essentially there is a massive pack on the East coast."

Terrant pulled the file out again and passed a page over to Ian, "Not just a massive pack, but a massive pack that has been growing exponentially over the last year. Recently they are taking in almost 50 rogues a week."

"Rogues?!" Ian said shocked, "rogues can't be in a pack."

"Exactly!" Terrant said handing over a stapled document.

"But rogues are werewolves who have left their pack." Ian said flipping through the stapled document which looked like a research paper.

"Yes, and without a pack their wolves begin to take over," Terrant stood up and began pacing behind his desk. "Without the human side, they become very uncontrollable and....temperamental." Ian scoffed as Terrant continued. "Now after a certain point there is no going back, they are unable to find the human side and the wolf takes over."

"So how are they keeping them together? If the rogues are unable to be a part of a pack, how are they... in a pack?"

Terrant stopped pacing and looked seriously at Ian, "That is a good question, but the one you should be asking is, who are 'they'?" Terrant sat back down at his desk and began typing.