[13] Those Goddamned Pins And Needles

Comenzar desde el principio

                So I guess it's just for fun.

                I knew I should go down there and join them...but the bomb Alex had dropped on me was still playing on my mind.

                'This is crazy.' I sighed, and clenched my hands against the window.

                Well, what did I know about her already?

                She liked weapons and fighting—her wound and strength was proof of that.

                She had a job (and if Kyouya said before is true, it's against the school rules to have a job).

                She had no family.

                She didn't come from Japan. Like me.

                'So I virtually know nothing about her.' I turned away, stuffing my fist into my pocket.

                I couldn't get her out of my thoughts, and I paced the length of the room again and again.

                Where was she living if she didn't have a family? Did she have other relatives somewhere else? Or was she just bluffing? How could she afford to come to Ouran if she was just working by herself then? I didn't remember anything about any new scholarship students...

                Questions bounced off the sides of my skull, and I ground my teeth in annoyance.

                I need to make sure she is residing in clean and comfortable quarters...I wouldn't want for her house to turn out like my dream about Haruhi's!

                Maybe I should recruit the twins help in trying to go to her place like they did Haruhi's...no that didn't work too well.

                I grimaced as I remembered Ranka standing on my face.

                Or maybe Kyouya could help me again? He always seemed to have something up his sleeve...

                The beginnings of a plan brewing in my mind, I strode out of my room again, jumping down the stairs.

                'Careful Master Tamaki.' Shima always popped up at the wrong moments.

                'Yes, Shima.' I sighed, and walked slower.

                'Remember to keep that lady friend of yours entertained.' She blocked my path.

                'Her name is Alex.' I pointed out. 'And sure.' I tried to side-step her, but she still stood as firm as a brick wall.

                'But you wouldn't want her to feel displeased, yes?' At eighty-two, she could still cock a non-existent eyebrow.

                I nearly screeched in annoyance. 'No! I don't want her upset! Now can I please pass?' I moaned, my blonde hair flopping into my eyes.

                She eyed me oddly, but stepped aside slowly.

                I strode past, wondering what the head maid was getting at.

                I could still feel her eyes boring two holes in my back, and I sighed in relief as I turned the corner out into the garden...

                ...only to nearly be hit in the face with a metal pole.

.:Maezono [Shima]:.