57.0 Come Again?

"Everyone's been telling me that I have to have feelings for Lydia, and yes I do

"Everyone's been telling me that I have to have feelings for Lydia, and yes I do." Stiles nodded as he listened to Madison speak. "I do love her, I think, but I don't want to be with her." Stiles smiled. "At least not when there's someone else that I do want to be with."

"Who do you want to be with then?" Stiles pulled her closer, believing that she will say that she wants him.

"Malia." Madison spoke with a small smile across her lips. Stiles's eyes widened as he moved away from her, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Wait, what?"

"She's just been so amazing to me, and I really feel a connection to her, one that I don't feel to Lydia, or anyone else for that matter." Madison spoke with her heart, not understanding that Stiles was in love with her.

"You don't feel that connection to anyone?" Stiles frowned as he slightly turned away. He knew that he shouldn't be upset, but a part of him broke knowing that she would never return his feelings.

"I mean, maybe if I got to know Lydia more, but not right now." Madison noticed Stiles distancing himself from her. "What wrong, Stiles?"

"Don't worry about it, Madi." Stiles sent her a broken smile.

"Seriously, Stiles. Did I say something?"

"No." Stiles shook his head as he grabbed onto her hands. "It's what you've never said and what you never will say."

"Stiles, what are you-"

The opening of the door cut Madison off. "Stiles-" Madison and Stiles turned to see Stiles's father standing in the doorway. "Oh- uh- sorry." Stiles's father smiled softly. "I'll just- uh- leave you." He slipped out the door before poking his head back in. "And Scott and everyone's here." He left.

"Stiles, before you leave, will you tell me what's wrong?" Madison grabbed onto Stiles's arm as he went to leave his room.

"Isn't it obvious?" Stiles questioned her. "I'm in love with you."

*

Madison Blackett laid on her bed, staring at the wall. All of her friends had left town, so she had no one to do anything with. She had thought about going to a movie, but she did not want to go alone.

Honestly, why did all of her friends leave her? Stiles said they were trying to protect her, but Stiles's has been saying a lot of things to Madison lately.

"I'm in love with you."

"Uh, come again?" Madison raised her eyebrows as she did not believe what she had just heard. "You're what?"