54.0 The Teeny Tiny Scroll in the Weird Silver Finger

Madison Blackett's eyes scanned the wintery landscape in front of her, but the view was tarnished as the Nogitsune, wrapped up in dirty medicine tape, came hobbling in

Madison Blackett's eyes scanned the wintery landscape in front of her, but the view was tarnished as the Nogitsune, wrapped up in dirty medicine tape, came hobbling in. He began walking towards them, but paused as Kira drew her sword. "Like I promised, Stiles." The Nogitsune spoke as he eyed the group of teenagers. "We're going to kill all of them - one by one!"

The oni suddenly appeared, launching their swords towards both Kira and Scott. The group moved back as the oni circled them. "What is this?" Scott furrowed his eyebrows. "Where are we?"

"Between life and death." The Nogitsune explained vaguely.

Lydia's eyes widened as she remembered what Kira had said to them on her first day at Beacon Hills High School. "Bardo." She stated.

"But there are no peaceful deities here, Lydia." The Nogitsune corrected the strawberry blonde wagging a finger in her direction. "You're dying, Stiles." The Nogitsune exclaimed before advancing towards the teenagers. "And now everyone you love is dying too."

Madison glanced up at Stiles before finally speaking up. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"I've captured almost all of the territories on the board, Stiles." The Nogitsune chuckled as he taunted. "The hospital, the sheriff's station, and now the animal clinic." Scott's eyes widened as he feared for the safety of his boss. "Do you know the riddle of serpucku, Stiles?"

"No, and I don't want to." Stiles shook his head as he moved closer to Madison, pushing her behind him slightly.

"The Samari disembodies himself with his own sword to protect his honor, but that's not the cut that kills you." The Nogitsune attacked each word with an accent for emphasis. "The killing stroke his made by his kisaku, who beheads the Samari with his own katana." The Nogitsune turned to face the alpha wolf. "Scott is your kisaku. I'm going to make your best friend kill you, Stiles, and you're going to let him. Because, just like you, they're all going to die, if touched by an oni's blade, unless Scott kills you first."

"Why are you doing this?" Stiles sighed, moving towards the Nogitsune slightly.

"To win the game." The Nogitsune answered, causing the oni to advanced towards the group of teenagers.

Kira and Scott began to fight the demonic ninjas. As the two fought, Lydia, Stiles, and Madison watched from the background. "This can't be real." Lydia sighed.

"I don't think they believe you." Madison gasped as she watch her best friends fight for their lives.

Stiles watched as Kira dropped her katana, and stumbled to grab it. He pointed the blade towards his chest. "Stiles, no!" Madison shouted. "You can't! I won't let you!"