23.0 Oh Joy

Scott, Stiles, and Madison had gone to Derek's loft to tell him that Jennifer was the Darach

Scott, Stiles, and Madison had gone to Derek's loft to tell him that Jennifer was the Darach. A few minutes after they arrived, Derek heard her coming and told them to hide. "Derek?" They heard Jennifer yell as she entered the loft. "Derek, where are you?"

"Right here." He answered, walking up to her.

"Oh, thank god." She hugged him. "Something happened at the recital at the school. And before you hear it, before you hear any of it from them."

"From who?" Derek asked her.

"Scott and Stiles." She told him. "They're going to tell you things; things you can't believe. You're going to have to trust me." Jennifer sighed. "You do trust me, don't you?" Derek nodded. "You promise you'll listen to me?"

"Promise."

Jennifer kissed him, but quickly pulled away with a serious look on her face. "They're already here, aren't they?"

The three teenagers came out of their hiding place. "Hiya, bitch." Madison smirked at her.

"So, they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?"

"Actually, we told him you're the one killing people." Madison corrected her. "There's a difference, honey."

"Yeah, human sacrifices. Slitting people's throats." Jennifer nodded, playing dumb. "I probably do it on my lunch hour so I can go back to teaching high school English." Jennifer chuckled. "Yeah, that makes perfect sense."

"Where's my dad?" Stiles asked her.

"How should I know?" She returned. Jennifer looked back at Derek. "Derek, tell me you don't believe all of this."

Derek glanced back at Stiles before returning his gaze to Jennifer. "Do you know what happened to Stiles's father?" He asked her.

"No." Jennifer shook her head.

"Ask her why she almost killed Lydia." Scott spat.

"Lydia Martin?" Jennifer's eyes widened. "I don't know anything about that."

"Oh stop playing dumb." Madison rolled her eyes.

"I know that for some misguided reason, these teenagers are filling your head with an absurd story." Jennifer said to Derek. She looked back at Scott, Stiles, and Madison. "And one they can't prove, by the way."

Scott lifted up a container he had been holding. It was filled with mistletoe. "And what if we can?"

"What is that?" Jennifer's mode suddenly changed.