4.0 You need gum

"What?"

"What?"

"What do you mean what?"

"You gave me a look."

"I didn't give you a look."

"It was a distinct look, Scott."

"What look?"

"A look that says that the last thing you feel like doing right now is going to a party."

"I mean," Madi stood in between Stiles and Scott, "I understand." She told Stiles.

"Would you both just-" Stiles groaned. "Oh my god. One drink? Come on, you'll both be fine." Stiles bumped Madison's shoulder. "I went to nursery school with this girl. She promised to introduce all three of us to all of her hot friends. She even told me that she has a friend who prefers the company of other girls." Stiles winked at Madi, who just rolled her eyes. "Alright, no Allison," Stiles motioned to Scott, "no Lydia," he motioned to Madison, "tonight, you two are moving on."

"You're right." Scott stated.

"That's right I'm right." Stiles smiled.

"Is he though?" Madison questioned.

"We're moving on." Scott smiled.

"Onward and upward." Stiles pointed towards the sky. "That's what I'm talking about." Stiles smiled. "Now hit me."

"Okay." Scott nodded before engaging in a high five with his best friend.

"The two of you are ridiculous." Madison sighed as she rubbed her temples.

"How does my breath smell?" Scott asked Stiles and Madison.

"I'm not smelling your breath." Stiles told him.

Madison sighed before taking a sniff. She scrunched up her nose. "You need some gum. Too bad, I don't have any."

"Do you have any gum?" Scott asked Stiles.

"No." Stiles shook his head. "No gum."

The three walked into the party, to be bombarded by a pretty girl with blonde curls. "Stiles!" She squeaked. "Hi!" She ran over to them.

"Hey!" Stiles smiled at her. "There's the birthday gi-"

Stiles was cut off by the girl's lips smashing onto his. She pulled away. "So glad that you made it." The girl said to him.

"Me too." Stiles nodded.

"Come downstairs with me and help me pick out a bottle of wine." The girl told him.

"Yes." Stiles stated as she grabbed him hand. Stiles looked back over at Madison and Scott. He gave them a smile and Madison gave him the thumbs up.

Scott smiled before walking over to one of Heather's friends. "Hey." She looked him up and down, scoffed, and walked away.

Scott looked over at Madison with sad puppy eyes. His phone buzzed and it was Allison. Scott walked out the door quickly, and Madison followed him. She watched as Allison and Lydia stepped closer to them. "This isn't the talk we were gonna have, is it?"

Allison sighed before shaking her head. "I need to show the two of you something." Allison pulled up her sleeve and there was a oddly shaped bruise on her arm. Lydia placed her arm next to Allison's and there was the same bruise.

*

"I don't see anything." Derek stated as he looked at the two girl's arms.

"Look again." Scott told him.

"How is a bruise supposed to tell me where Boyd and Erica are?" Derek snapped at him.

"It's the same in both sides. Exactly the same." Scott stated as Derek and Allison glared at each other.

"It's nothing." Derek groaned.

"Paradolia." Lydia stated. "Seeing patterns that aren't there." Everyone's eyes widened. "It's a subset of apophenia."

"They're just trying to help." Scott said to Derek.

"These two?" Derek questioned. "This one, who used me to resurrect my slosh boric uncle, thank you," Derek stated while looking at Lydia, "and this one, who shot about thirty arrows into me and my pack."

"Come on, Derek." Madison said to him. "No one died."

"Exactly." Stiles nodded as he agreed. "There might have been a bit of maiming, a bit of mangling, but no one died. That's what I call an important distinction."

"My mother died." Allison stated.

"You're family's little honor code killed your mother, not me." Derek snapped at her.

"I'm here to help him, not you." Allison sighed.

"Then find something real." Derek groaned as he walked out of the room.

The bell rang, and Lydia grabbed onto Madison's arm. "Walk with me?" Lydia smiled at her.

"No." Madison sighed as she tried to get out of Lydia's grasp.

"Please, Madi." Lydia sighed. "Let me talk."

"Lydia, I-"

"Good." Lydia smiled as the two walked out of the room.

"That's not what I was gonna say, but alright." Madison sighed.

"I really shouldn't have said all of those things to you that night, Madi." Lydia sighed.

"No, you really shouldn't have." Madison snapped at her.

"Exactly," Lydia sighed and took Madison's hands in hers. "Please, just come over to my place tonight. I'll make it all up to you."

"You think I'm coming over just like that?" Madison asked her. "There's nothing between us, remember?" She walked away from the strawberry blonde.

Lydia felt a tear run down her face, and quickly wiped it away, before walking to her next class.

Word account - 888
Author's note -
hey guys! I'm back. I'm really sorry that this is such a sucky chapter, but at least it's a chapter. I promise to start updating a lot more now that schools done!
Please comment what you wish to happen in future chapters, and don't forget to vote!
Have a nice day, lovelies 💞💞