20.0 I Think That's Enough

"They were there for two days

"They were there for two days." Cora spoke to Stiles and Madison. She was telling them a story of a younger Derek. "That's what we're told to do when hunters find us. Hide and heal."

"So, is like two days standard then, or are we thinking that Derek is on some kind of extended getaway or something?" Stiles asked her, pacing around Derek's loft.

"Why do the two of you even care?" Cora snapped at him.

"Why do we care?" Madison repeated.

"Uh, let's see, over the past two weeks, my best friend has tried to kill himself." Stiles explained to her.

"His boss was almost ritually sacrificed." Madison continued.

"A girl I have known since I was three was actually ritually sacrificed." Stiles took over.

"And Boyd was killed by alphas." Madison completed the list. "Would you like us to go on?"

"We can." Stiles nodded. "For like an hour."

"And you guys think Derek can do something about that?" Cora questioned them, stepping closer.

"Well, since he's the one that everyone's after, it's more like he should do something about it." Stiles stated, and Madison nodded in agreement.

"I don't know." Cora sighed. "There's something different about him now." She looked up at them. "He wasn't like this when I knew him."

"What was he like?" Madison asked her.

"A lot like Scott." Peter told them, stepping down the spiral staircase. "A lot like most teenagers; invariably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really only to other teenagers."

"So what happened?" Stiles asked Peter. "What changed him?"

"Well, the same thing that changes a lot of young men." Peter spoke. "A girl."

"So, you're saying that some girl came along and broke Derek's little heart?" Stiles scoffed as he spoke.

"That's why he's the way he is?" Madison chuckled, not believing it.

"Do you remember before Derek was an alpha, he had blue eyes?" Stiles and Madison nodded in response to Peter's question. "Do you know why some werewolves have blue eyes?"

Stiles shook his head. "I just always thought it was a genetic thing." Madison nodded, agreeing with him.

"If you want to know what changed Derek," Peter said to them, "you have to know what changed the color of his eyes."